What Transmission does a Wedge use?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Transmission does a Wedge use?

What Transmission does a Wedge use?

I discovered a neighbor on my lake has a Wedge and asked if I could help him restore it .Funny thing is I do not know too much about them other then some had a cool jet pump propulsion system, Any Information would be great especially what transmission they used.
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

I have no ida but here are some pics:

Sperry Rand Wedge

Thanks Jerry that helps

It says on that site in one place the Drive is a “Salsbury automatic torque converter “

Almost sounds like a miss steak

From the very little research I have done on the wedge so far I found three different engines used in them Rotax , Krohler, and now JLO but they may not be originals
    Last edited by Robio_8x8; 03-20-2008 at 08:24 AM. Reason: added engines may not be original

Smile trans wedge

i have 2 one with berkley jet and a racer....

Quote Originally Posted by Robio_8x8 View Post
    It says on that site in one place the Drive is a “Salsbury automatic torque converter “

From the very little research I have don on the wedge so far I found three different engines used in them Rotax , Krohler, and now JLO

They did use a Salsbury Automatic torque converter. Forward and Reverse gear box which drove two multi disk clutches. Weak link was the gear box.

The factory Motor was the JLO 295.

Quote Originally Posted by Robio_8x8 View Post

From the very little research I have don on the wedge so far I found three different engines used in them Rotax , Krohler, and now JLO

Great Photo Joe!!!
    Matt

They only came with a JLO 295 and a POS transmission/

Do you guys have pictures of the gear box?

Joe, Amphiman or any one else would you have pictures or repair diagrams
    for the gear box?

The salsbury (steak) torque converter has medium ware

+ Reply to Thread