New Terra Tiger owner

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Terra Tiger owner

Hybrid View

New Terra Tiger owner

Hey all, I have all ready had an amazing amount of help from the good people here on this site. I will tell you that I have been an antique tractor collector for almost 10 years and have met a lot of helpfull people but nothing like what I have found here. I have the Tiger cleaned up and am starting on getting her started but I have not had any luck trying to repair the broken fuel tank. Anyone know where I could find one of them? I am also going to need the plugs for the holes in the bottom (I don't want to end up like a guy I saw a photo of on this site. There are 2 red wires coming out of the front of the JLO295E engine that I do not see mentioned on the wiring diagram can anyone tell me where they are to go? OH, thanks again Don for the manuals lastly..at least in this post, where the heck is the battery supposed to go and what battery do I need? This thing had a car battery in the rear connected with what looked like welding cables..I really don't think it is going to pull anywhere near that much juice.

Thanks again guys

I think Mark m. Amphiman1 and racerone are the guys on the site that know the Terra Tigers real well. They might be able to help you out with the gas tank and battery question. As far as the drain plugs go, I would recomend these units:

Kayak Drain Plug W/ Base - Austin Kayak - Product Details

Here is some more info on drain plugs here:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...-clean-up.html

I am converting all of my machines to this type of drain plug, and from what I've heard, people have very good luck with them.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Welcome. The plugs I use for mine I get at a local marina store. There 1 inch diameter expandable rubber drain plugs for boats. They work great.

The 2 red wires the way you described them could possibley be your alternator wires that need to go to a voltage rectifier but these wires a typically yellow. The second choice might be the wires used to ground the ignition circuit to shut the engine down.

Fuel tank. I made my own to fit the machine the way I wanted it. It's made of aluminum in the back.

Battery goes under the leftside of the dash but you might want to keep it in the back. It's easier acsessed there.

Mark

Terra Tiger Wiring and Carb issues

Well guys I am a little farther on my project but just as I thought the Yellow wires to the rectifier have both been disconected and the coil wire + the black coming out of the JLO are wired to a kill switch. Does anyone have a photo they can send me of the correct wiring configuration? I see by the diagram that 2 wires come from the coil to the yellow rectifier wires but I have only 1 coil wire (+ a ground) and then I have 2 red and a black coning out of the engine. I think my best bet is to just rewire this so that I know it is all correct but right now I need 1st get her started. I think my main problem with her not starting is the carb is going to need cleaned (fuel coming out of the ventura). Like I said in an earlier post I have worked on my antique garden tractors for years but this is my 1st 2 stroke. is there a special kit I will need for the carb or can I just disasemble and clean it like I have on all of my 4 strokers? Any suggestions or things to watch for when attempting to clean this or as a first timer should I just take it to a bike shop and have it done?

Sorry for the long post and I REALLY do appreciate the help

Les

Hey Les, I know nothing about two strokes but I see you are referring to a wiring diagram. Did you see the ones in the literature section too? I didn't know if those might help or if those are the ones you are referring too. Here's a link:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...o-engines.html

Wiring

Hey Mike thanks!! that really helped...I have 2 red and a black instead of the 2 yellow and a blue but at least I know where those darn red ones go now. I idn't just want to guess. I am now going to start a totall rewire..wich i could just get a new harness but Oh Well

Thanks once again

Les

+ Reply to Thread