Muscateer out for a drive

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Muscateer out for a drive

Removed my LOW oil pressure sender from the engine block, compared the threads to those on a hydraulic hose with 1/8" fittings.

BOTH HAVE THE SAME THREAD!!! So I decided that this would work and threaded in the hyd line, yuuuuup it fit, so I removed it added thread sealant and now I'm going to install the T seen in the picture, along with the LOW pressure sensor, and then lastly the nylon tube and fitting for the OIL PRESSURE GAUGE. Woo hoo...oh..this is a C@#% of a space to work in BTW...

So here is a gander at what I'm talking bout...

OH just got a new phone...so the pics should be crystal clear from now on!!!

Ahh...hydraulic line in block....niiiiiice

this line will retained up on inside rear of tub

The nylon clamps will retain the T and this should provide a nice support and be vibration resistant I'm hoping this will work well for what I'm doing.

Once I get this all wrapped up I'll get more pictures and so forth. I've been really busy with a bunch of other things of late to try and get any work on this machine.

I'm hoping this will be done soon, I've a parade to go to on Dec 05 for Christmas Light up....

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

I'd come in to cook dinner and did and ate and back out...here we are nothing big...but it's done...what a PITA place to work in too

Here we have it...the Low OP sender and OP gauge line installed...whoop whoop.

Now I used the decompression valve and turned over engine so I could get oil flowing...here is fitting not leaking...YET...

Ahh...left the fitting a bit loose allowed air to purge and oil to weep out...

I then cleaned it all off and cranked away again with decomp valve on...spins like MOFO like that...and wow...good oil pressure and immediately too!

So here without decomp cause I can't do three things with two hands at this time..we have a full compression cranking pressure of oil pressure...NICE Eh?

This will surely make for a good informative instrument setup...IDIOT light and Gauge... I'm stoked, now a bit more wiring and I can start to mount the gauges in their holes...

The one thing that came to me is that using the hydraulic hose and a remote fitting like I have I can swap that our install a four port setup and then pump oil to Turbo in the future....ya...I planned that

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Well now I"ve near got it wired and plumbed, I'm holding off on some extra gauges for now but most everything is all tied up with nylon loops.

I've got my grounds for my wiring panel mostly sorted out along with most of the mounting for it as well.

Will attempt to get some pictures tomorrow.

Once my basic wiring is completed I'm back onto the foot feed throttle.

Need locate a nice box for my winch solenoids for front winch. I'll have to get a solenoid setup and control for rear one too but that's a whole new ball of wax.

Damn nice starting to see light at end of tunnel on this portion of project...

Can't wait to drive it again as we have about 6" of snow...for how long who knows...

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Hey looking good .. .next time I'm through there I'll have to have a closer look... We got the D**m white stuff too early.. wet too.
    See what's up in my workshop.. www.robeye.net

Quote Originally Posted by robeye View Post
    Hey looking good .. .next time I'm through there I'll have to have a closer look... We got the D**m white stuff too early.. wet too.
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate that.

If all goes well and I get my ass in gear...I can go play in snow today...we got near a foot free standing...over that in cumulative last night.

it's wet and heavy and bitch to shovel.

Maybe we can go for a short ride when you come out....

Take care.
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Ahhh..Black Friday and wife went last night to the sales in US...Not sure how Thurs is the new FRIday...but WTF..she was gone, out came a lil Capt...

So, with a lil Capt to assist my mood, I got out to shop, took some much needed pictures, and decided fuel tank needs to be physically installed. So I did...

Here is how the wiring and plumbing for the fuel system is routed as of right now, still a bit of cleanup remains but nothing major left essentially. You can see it's all well supported and safe.

This is the left side rear section of the machine...

Right side rear section, need to attend to that fuel pump power wire the green one that's it to clean up IMO

Looking forward on RH side...towards where fuel tank will be mounted shortly. Notice feed/return lines in loop awaiting connection to the tank. I've left enough to add support to the fuel lines at tank with no kinks...I'll show when I do

Now onto the installation of the tank, here from above LH front tyre, that is a steel plate that the carriage bolts sit in without turning...that's hanging there, fresh silicone so it's sealed when I push them through

LH side in the tub...see the tank in place too

this is where I mount the horn..notice a single ground wire and power wire to horn..

once tightened down not much room up in there, the pass or RH side is similar and has a small bracket that holds the glove compartment in place, I'll get some shots of it when I do fuel lines to the tank. I'm giving very serious thought to adding a petcock to the drain bung on my tank, then if needed I can draw a small amount of fuel for a fire or to drain water easily, instead of removing a big 1/2" NPT bung.

Here I've got panel all lit up, pumps all are working all systems a go...nice..that bright RED light is LOW oil pressure warning light. 7lbs I may change that sender to a higher pressure at a later date

I'll be mounting that panel up soon and I'm quite excited at this point to have it coming together...

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Ah, see now Super at ...B I N G O...on Friday eve, so I was out and essentially completed the wiring as far as I can tell.

I even added in the Voltage Regulator and it's respective wiring for charging battery. Some...though little charge is better n none till I can mount a belt driven Alt, that is internally regulated. May go to a nice new 2G I have here instead of a worn out 3G, as both are about same physical size.

So now GP indicator shows RED when heated up, as you see here. This works by turning KEY to LEFT and preheating GP

Here you can see I'm marking wires for VR I use a paint pen to make a permanent tracer on wires. This enables me to write a wiring diagram and have all my colours correct for tracing and so forth later. I've got yellow and brown and red wires so now I've yellow/red tracer brown/white tracer and red/white tracer made up...this is for control of VR and charge light.

Tracer wires...LOL

Here is VR wires prior to it being mounted

look close you'll see the wires have same tracers and colours as above

Here it is, the VRl mounted

And the fuel lines as I chose to route and support them before connecting to the fuel tank.

Electrical control panel mounted

Ahh the TO DO LIST

Clearly I have made a serious dent in the TO DO list.

Some small stuff to take care of like re-install the winch control solenoid box but that's easy, and run wires. but the ones to winch are installed and sealed.

Now this next few days will be a clean up of tub and so forth, then work on foot feed linear throttle. That coupled with a fixed throttle makes for a fine running beast.

Heck I may even go out tonight and do the cleanup, then I can jump on throttle tomorrow afternoon...and winch wiring. WOW but I'm wanting a beer LOL

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Got a few more things wrapped up today, like epoxy on the small crack on fuel tank cap, then I added a new gasket to it as well and finally a valve on the bottom of tank to drain it.

Ahh..closed

and Open

That will make draining fuel for fire or water contaminant much easier I think. Just hope I don't knock it LOL but I'll try and find a better setup, this is what I had and had to make it work.

Then onto foot feed throttle

Pointing to old location, was a real awkward spot to actually make work with a foot. Now up front it should be much better.

I may have to bend the foot portion or reweld it in a slightly different spot for angle/movement..but not hard to do

With a shaft leading to rear, I'll have to make a vertical portion from down in tub and up the side, to connect onto this here. I'll also need extend this shaft some as it's currently a few inches to short. The vertical bell crank portion is what's going to be the most challenging and making sure that the foot pedal movement equates to full movement of IP throttle shaft as well.

I've got the old vertical crank for gasser but it's too short and I need to make NEW mount brackets, thus I'm all over making a new setup somehow. however for now, and the parade, I can if need be fire and run on fixed throttle...thankfully.

Also need some small power wire/speaker wire to make some flashy lights for parade however that will take all of 1/2 hour when I get down to it.

Well nuff for now...

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Hey that's going good.. Those little diesels are good for 10,000. hours or more if serviced regular. Plus torque out the wazoo. I have the 18 hp 3 cyl in my BX.. it will start in this 18 below.
    See what's up in my workshop.. www.robeye.net

Thanks Robeye...thanks

Hate to say so but with the proximity of my chains and angles I need to make the bell crank work at for throttle and the fact it's so tight in the tub by the fuel filter / trans cooler pump, I've decided if Super will allow me to I"m going to get the throttle for foot feed Nubs shared in the thumb throttle thread in the Argo section.

Thus for parade fixed throttle and away I go.

All seems to be ok all electrical seems good so far.

Had a small issue with left control cylinder and just promptly rebuild it with new O rings and bled the system. Now works great.

Fired up the machine and it's working very nicely now. I'm quite pleased. The fan on the engine blows enough warm air that when I get my engine cover made I could pipe/duct that air up front if I had a cab, and have a nice warm toasty warm spot. So once I build the engine cover I'll do that next.

Still tons of chain chatter and I see I'm getting quite a bit of flex in trans when I attempt turns so I'll have to brace my mounts somewhat.

Well it should be good for parade and so forth then maybe back under the knife..LOL

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

+ Reply to Thread