Muscateer out for a drive

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Muscateer out for a drive

So as promised here are two more vids, this first one is about the trail head to home section, mostly wide open, and I do NOT dare go off trail there is some serious CACTUS out there that's NOT good for tyres! LOL

I'll work the video over time and get some sections to fast fwd and such but here is raw vid as I shot it.

http://youtu.be/Ig_XaJstKCc

And here is the next day at a local fishing lake. It's a land locked lake that's spring fed for water, and is what SAR uses for practice for Ice Rescue.

The Ice here is about 10" thick and safe, also they stock this lake all the time with fish. As you can see it's well fished and lots of activity takes place!

http://youtu.be/w7xtAl2qTzc

Well that's it guys for now, today I am busy with some things and soon hope to have the throttle pedal in, first need cable! LOL

Thanks for looking all!
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments!

So; the adventures continue, and as I took the machine into town and had a fellow look at it for me and he is looking into bulk throttle cable for me for the throttle I figured I should weight it too on my way home!

Having done that I moved onto my Friday evening which was the first part of the 40 Hr course for MFR Medical First Responder, then I do one more weekend in two weeks time.

After Friday evenings course, I went home and on the way I weighed the machine at the local commercial veh scale.

So here are my findings....mind you this is with shovel, come a long, paddles tools and so forth in side panels and 1/2 tank fuel.

Front axle 90 Kilo or 198 lbs
    Front and middle axle 340 Kilo or 749 lbs
    three axles 500 Kilo or 1100 lbs
    Rear and middle axle 430 Kilo or 947 lbs
    Rear axle 160 Kilo or 352 lbs

Oh and the trailer I tow it on is about 140 Kilo 308 lbs

So this machine weighs in more than I had anticipated as I estimated 840 lbs originally. Hmm...300 lbs out, now that's a reason to add a turbo right fellas?

Anyway, it won't get lighter as I add more gear and a rear engine cover so best be getting my HI LOW box happening sometime soon.

Toss on tracks...and ya again more weight....

Well that's my weekend findings and my course went well.

Thanks for looking.
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Been trying to work out details and get a Polaris 2 sp box....here is what I've determined thus far
    Alrighty....

Based on changing 4 chain sprockets, if I go from a 2:1 output from transmission to the jackshaft

Currently set up as
    11/22 to a

1:3 out put of say 33/11 and adding in the gear box I would like, I get a hi/low min/max speeds of the following all based on 3600 RPM of engine too...

Hi range drive

8 MPH - 40 MPH based on the hi/low of the CVT

Low range drive

4 MPH - 23 MPH based on the hi/low of the CVT This is theoretically about where it is now..

Those are completely acceptable ranges of speed for me and I would HIGHLY doubt I'd ever do 40 MPH in the rig as that's just insane for it, but nice to know I can almost outrun a bear LOL

I end up with a lower speed machine when needed and hi when needed. I may play with my math some more and maybe 1:3 is a bit high...perhaps 1:2.??? is all I need I don't know...but close to 1:3 I'm guessing....

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Wow long time no updates...busy busy...oh...and single...the super left moved in with a friend of mine....NO MORE lol....
    the fellow in red jacket on lazt page who drove the quad.

not able locat an affordable polaris trans yet...

so tried another run up to the falls and twisted the outter flange off another axle...crap...got it all welded up and now in talks with Amphiman to get a couple of spare axles.

Drove it home 45 minutes on 5 wd...worked amazingly well actually.

also working on the redux of the the remaining axles so all are welded up tight and solid...may cause a chain upgrade to #50

managed to get foot feed throttle and cable started...doing too many things at once so need throttle and engine cover to be built together so routed once.

have rough idea for the engine cover worked out and it is coming along nicely.

Working on rear winch/receiver/12v outboard mount too...but..might stick 12 outboard on front...

well will get some pics soon once I get a bit more on the cover done.

thanks for looking
    Last edited by riotwarrior; 06-23-2015 at 06:36 PM.
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

"well will get some pics soon once I get a bit more on the cover done."

first broken bits n prep work

see the grease nipple on the axle housing...and notice how my axles are fully sealed in grease..

axle pencil tipped with hose clamp as stopper to keep flange in proper spot

flange and collet tapered so the 3 parts get weldrd together

Ian a great friend tig welddd it all together...top shelf job no picks though

basic start of engine cover.it will be foam core fiberglsss encapsulated

thats what been doing...
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

I have decided to go ahead and pull engine and remove rad and clean it out then clean block and drain it in preparation for Evans Waterless Coolant.

Evans Cooling Canada

The evans coolant along with the addition of a engine oil cooler should help to get my boil over issue under control.

while it is out I can work on a turbo mount and the alternator mount as well.

figure I should get heat under control before adding turbo.

hope to be back up and running soon.
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

You might be able to reduce that control sensitivity by lengthening the distance from the control levers to their pivot points. It's hard to describe- I mean move the linkage further from the pivot point so it take more motion of the control to move the linkage the same distance.

+ Reply to Thread