Muscateer out for a drive

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Muscateer out for a drive

Ahh...here is the lil stowage/glove box and winch controller box on top. The damn wires in controller box make it set crooked...oh well. I'll device something nicer for future but for now it works and that's what counts

Power lead is red and runs directly to battery. I had the two black cables and just rigged it up as you see here where I'm pointing to the ends bolted to cross bar. I've got to insulate the battery + and - yet, however I"m cautious right now while I work out kinks.

It's working quite well for me and I'm very pleased overall how winch now is setup compared to the box previously set attop the winch it's self.

I removed all the flashy blinky lights today and wiring and once I get a rear cover for engine and some kind of rack for front I'll rig up some flashy lights again. I'm hoping to have a cover in next few months, once I get rear winch mounted up first of course!

Well nuff for now..

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Decided to phone around and found some 1/8" hardboard for 9 bucks a sheet 1/4' IS 19 bucks a sheet.

Not entirely sure if I'll use either but I'm working on patterns for the gearbox engine covers and might be onto something to keep out noise and so forth.

I'll duplicate the pattern from the mesh that was in there under the seats prior to the diesel swap.

One thing that's sorely lacking is stowage so I may be onto an idea and a hinged lid for the engine cover. Then I can have my cake and eat it to. The cover will have short sides 1-2 inches that allow me to have about 20"x44" of flat space to load gear or what not onto. Then I can carry a pack or food water etc what ever I need. I may integrate a chain saw holder onto the right side as well.

Also plan on some form of lightweight rack /brushguard for the front.

Well once I get some of this sorted out I'll snap some pics, if you folks have any ideas let me know.

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

wow took the machine out for a dig in the snow.....goes but sure can use tracks.

I was able to make pathes and then load 160 lbs of wood pellets on it and drive to house with them.

we have bout foot n half of snow powdry fluffy stuff.

I can see that tracks would make it unstoppable.

After a run around here I drove it to store and back it worked well even on unplowed roads and so forth.

couldnt imagine a more versatile machine what so ever...once there is some cargo capability I can sure see this being a great tool

ifn had a plow I would be plowing away today for sure lol.

well nuff for now might go do a few more runs after lunch. seems to be way ro much fun in the deep stuff
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

good for you riot, send us some snow over here. may get 1'' tonite. big deal !! have fun. johnboy va.

As I'm always on the hunt to upgrade and or modify, this is something I came across today...Hmm..

HI/LOW range box...hmm...

1995 Polaris Xplorer 400 4x4 Complete Transmission High and Low Gear Case Good | eBay

Now that connected to my Hagen and I'm set for hi speed and low speed...Hmm...

Can keep up with quads on fire roads and then cruise a trail as needed in low...
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Had a great run yesterday as far as we could before running into snow that was deep and a log rather large in size blocking further progress up to Barcelo Falls.

Thus here are a few pictures and I'll get vids up ASAP

This washout section is difficult and my friend Darrell on his quad figured I'd not make it...lil did he know what 6x6 can do!

and one of the five creek crossings, this one was super easy, a few others up higher are more difficult and especially in spring run off

My buddy Darrell and I at a break

I really like this shot

Darrell and the quad, a 400 or 450 IIRC

While on the break I looked up at sky for weather rolling in...none,however we had half expected a change for light snow, anyway I say this was spectacular and the photo does not do justice to seeing a rainbow overhead in the sky...ice crystals in the air I suspect

We rode about 2 hours up and back, my machine makes it slower on the fast sections of road...UGH, must work on two speed and higher road gearing!

It was a fantastic day, and outside of a constant issue with boiling over the rad, the Muscateer performed flawlessly in travel. I am very impressed overall with how it did.

That washout was a blast mind you it was also tricky as the rocks are super sharp and can cut a tyre like nothing, thankfully my tyres are 6ply and tough!

Monday I'm inquiring on some gaskets and will look at removing and cleaning radiator and installing it and a temp gauge too...

Thanks to Darrell we had a great time, as it's not a trip I'd want to do myself alone.

Tracks would have got me much further too....as I likely could have if not for tree gone all the way!

Vids coming soon

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

In a word; "KOOWAL"
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw1 View Post
    In a word; "KOOWAL"
    Thank you....vids are still coming...huge to upload..

Got my buddy John Deere Brian to bring over the rad/cap tester...

Theres the start of yer issue right there ya dumbass...

One cap barely holds 6-7 lbs...the other cap...pffft pfft pfft with each pump of tester needle goes up and then immediately right back down to 0. Hmmm....wonder if not holding coolant in long enough to cool it with fan has .. A N Y T H I N G....to do with over heating hmmm????

So as of this morning I ordered a rad to block gasket and when it gets here I'll pull the engine, remove the rad, flush block with CLR flush rad with CLR and take it to a rad shop to fix the stupid section where it was dented years ago...sure hope we don't need to ahem...replace rad that would suck. I'll look at getting some plugs to fit a coolant temp sensor in too for a guage.

While it's out I'll modify the exhaust to accept an adapter for a PYRO too...WTH eh?

So Now I wait and use it very little.... just when it's proven itself to be a decent machine!

Well thanks for looking

Al
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Did a bit of tin work, or brass work LOL and got rad to seal but not HOLD pressure it will build now and bleed off.

This has proven to be moderately effective at helping cool machine down.

Guess I have to get rad removed and that cap fitting removed and tank sealed so only one rad cap sits on rad if possible...

Gotta get this taken care of as 40+ C temps coming and that won't allow for any shortcomings what so ever!

Oh and damn HD vids are huge so gotta get onto a wireless point instead of my cell phone to upload em....way to big..maybe have a plan hint hint nudge nudge wink wink

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

K LIL over 3 hours to upload one vid a 5 minute one...ugh...the next one will be bout same to upload but around 15 minutes.

So here is the first part of the return trip last saturday out with Darrell a fellow SAR member.

Listen to that whine of my transmission as I run down the trail..

http://youtu.be/xl6wY52hpN0

That's what It's like riding along with me LOL

I'll post the others when they are uploaded.

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by riotwarrior; 02-06-2015 at 01:42 PM.
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

+ Reply to Thread