custom tracked vehicle build

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: custom tracked vehicle build

custom tracked vehicle build

My dad is building his own tracked vehicle (im just helping). Bought 2 brand new 159 inch paddle tracks for it. We are using a t20 transmission and leaning towards probably using a liquid cooled kawasaki motor for it. It will be a 2 seater and have a full cab and a box. Cab and box will both flip up separately to acces the engine and transmission. There will only be 2 #60 chains on it so maintainence will be easy. Heres a pic of one of our track frames with a track on it. Need to pull the track back off and finish welding and put the rest of the bogie wheels back on. Also need to put idler wheels on the bottom of the top of the track to help hold it up. Messenger_5852550750165712893_13953568340336014.jpg800_4.jpg the red machine is what our finished product should look like. Should be a sweet ice fishing machine.

This is a really cool project. Keep us updated on your progress.

After this track machine is done I want to build a track setup just like this that will bolt right on to my max 850t hubs. It would raise it up in the air and give it alot more clearance for going through snow and I wouldnt need wheel spacers or anything like that.

Yep,that's a good lookin project you have there.

That machine is sweet looking.

djgeiman Guest
    I love to see people in action who have something in mind that they want to build. FUN STUFF! LOOKS COOL!

Quote Originally Posted by midwestmadness775 View Post
    After this track machine is done I want to build a track setup just like this that will bolt right on to my max 850t hubs. It would raise it up in the air and give it alot more clearance for going through snow and I wouldnt need wheel spacers or anything like that.
    Your tracks are similar too some tracks I was thinking of for my argo. They could just bolt on and you could eliminate a lot of the chains. And gain a lot of ground clearance. Also move the track system forward to get away from the front heavy machine it is now. That will make it even better in the snow.
    You have my gears working again
    Nice work Keep us posted on how its coming along.

20140321_222459.jpg20140321_222451.jpg20140321_222614.jpg

Heres more pics. Im pretty sure Im going to build a setup just like this to bolt on to my my max this summer. Then my dad and I both will have some bad ice fishing machines. And if the setup like this on my max id have alot of ground clearance. And I bet itd swim good with paddles like that.

Screenshot_2014-03-21-22-42-38.jpg

Since we are on the subject heres a pic of my dads tracster he built. Little dirty in this pic. After he built it it never seen mud. Was never ran in the summer. Built it with plans of using it for hunting but after seeing the outcome he decided to only run it in the snow because it was mint. Had the honda conversion in it. Sadly he sold it a whil back for 4500 . He built it when I was like 5 and this made all of my childhood winters a blast.

20140328_195927.jpg20140328_195948.jpg

Took the tracks off the rails and welded everything uo. Got the two track frames hooked together now time to start working on the body. Measured the clearance it is going to have and got 13 and 3/4 of an inch of clearance

+ Reply to Thread