Proud owner of a 8x8 LTV KID

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Proud owner of a 8x8 LTV KID

What happened to Kid8x8.com? I was on the web site several times last year this time and had called and talked with the guy. He told me he was wanting to sell out so I guess he did since there is no longer a web site? I wonder who bought the Kids and all parts/accessories?

Real nice looking Kid Shadow. Very good find.

Kid 8X8 was owned by Jeremy McCoin from Montpelier, Indiana. I talked to him the other day and he is completely out of the business. He sold all of his parts to a private collector in Louisiana. He does not even want to discuss repairs, anything, all done. I hope the person who bought his stuff surfaces here so we can keep the info, and maybe a few parts flowing. Does anyone know where to get basic gasket kits for the kid? Particularly the gear box to engine, and gearbox to drive seals. I know Wisconsin engine still has parts, and there are a few Vickers repair facilities around, but there some Kid unique parts that we may have to make ourselves. Shosen in Kansas had a bunch of stuff, but I believe the sons were not interested in running the business anymore and I don't know what happened to their parts (mostly carbs, distributors, and some other Kid specific parts). I enjoyed the water test video, it was a white knuckle ride from my computer. Anyone have some good advice on parts? Bill

I just purchased a KID. It runs and drives good, but needs some TLC. I am hesitant of tearing into it for a restore as I am not able to find any parts. I am open for suggestions as well for sourcing parts.

Ah okay I missed this post from last summer. So someone in Louisiana hmmm? I'm looking to rebuild a kid would be nice if this new owner of parts surfaces?

Quote Originally Posted by moparharn View Post
    Kid 8X8 was owned by Jeremy McCoin from Montpelier, Indiana. I talked to him the other day and he is completely out of the business. He sold all of his parts to a private collector in Louisiana. He does not even want to discuss repairs, anything, all done. I hope the person who bought his stuff surfaces here so we can keep the info, and maybe a few parts flowing. Does anyone know where to get basic gasket kits for the kid? Particularly the gear box to engine, and gearbox to drive seals. I know Wisconsin engine still has parts, and there are a few Vickers repair facilities around, but there some Kid unique parts that we may have to make ourselves. Shosen in Kansas had a bunch of stuff, but I believe the sons were not interested in running the business anymore and I don't know what happened to their parts (mostly carbs, distributors, and some other Kid specific parts). I enjoyed the water test video, it was a white knuckle ride from my computer. Anyone have some good advice on parts? Bill

Master Mudder,
    I bought a KID last fall and have replaced some parts, upgraded the ignition to be electrical, found all the filters, been replacing chains etc. What do you need to work on, I'll let you know whatever I've found if it helps.
    Bob

Most all parts are common parts. Chains, bearings, hydro's. Wisconsin motors are very common and are in everything from trenchers to KIDs Some of the sprockets aren't exactly common but other than that most everything else is rather common. At least that is what I found out when I was fixing bearings and such on mine. Buy mine and you'll have a spare! Between everyone on here I think every part of these have been gone though, ask and someone will chime in.

are you thinking of selling your kid?
    price?

Yes mine is for sale. It is posted in the classifieds section.

thanks

Fuel tank for the KID?

+ Reply to Thread