Sealing quesitons.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sealing quesitons.

Sealing quesitons.

IM putting my terra tiger back together and was wondering what most people do on the bearing flanges and other holes through the tube, it had rubber gaskets originally but I was wondering if I could use silicon?

A generous amount of silicone caulk works well. Be careful of excessive amounts getting squeezed into bearings etc., but between the flange and body that really isn't an issue.
    An alternative is rope caulk. It doesn't harden and is easily removed at the next baring change.

Thanks!

Check out the how-to article for replacing bearings in a Max 6x6. There is an article and a video that will show you some ways of sealing the flanges like buggyman mentioned:

How to replace bearings

+ Reply to Thread