Starcraft Hurricane

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Starcraft Hurricane

Man that is fantastic matt, you are totally correct when you said Nick has a great eye for video and Photo. These were great videos.

Wow that is very cool. I have a Starcraft also. Not sure what serial number though. My dad bought it new in 72.

I need to find the wheel kits for it like yours have. Did the racers come without oar locks?

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

ha! thats funny great job there.

I believe I solved the Hurricane mystery today! When Mudd-Ox purchased Recreatives, we received all the vintage literature Sid gathered throughout his life. We're having each one scanned into the computer and I've been organizing them. Here is what I found:

This means that Starcraft sold all rights to the 6x6 to H&H Properties, who rebadged them to match their Hurricane boats. I'm guessing this happened around 1971 judging by the Polaris racing schedule; that was the year they were all produced. A local told us that he lived next to the barn Starcraft kept the machines in until they were sold, so there is a good chance the entire division was sold due to poor sales. The only thing that puzzles us still is there is a Starcraft in-between two serial numbers of Hurricanes... It could be very possible that the frames were not built in order though. It's pretty interesting!

Wow thank you Nick
    Have you got a link to the museum page as I can't seem to find it

+ Reply to Thread