Starcraft Hurricane

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft Hurricane

Starcraft Hurricane

Hello everyone my name is Shannon I'm a long time admirer (since i was a little kid) of aatvs. I have wanted one since i was a young man, long story short i finally got a basket case 6x6 the other day that am now trying to track down information on. I love your website, it's incredibly informative and better than most sites about other things that i have come across. The 6x6 i picked up was set by the side of the road with a "free" sign on it. The information i can find on it goes as such; it has a jlo rockwell L 292L engine with a warner t20 transmission, it's a two cycle single piston engine, the name on the machine is "hurricane" which i can't find anywhere, it looks like an attex machine but the headlights are under neath the body and they are square instead of round (early model maybe?). Any help from anyone would be great on this, as i want to try and get it running and get into the sport.

Hi Shannon, welcome to the forum and to the world of AATV ownership. If you can post a picture of your 6x6, I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

There was a clone to the Starcraft that was sold under the name "Hurricane". It was a T20 machine and fiberglass body. If that's what you have, it's a fairly rare machine (only know of one other). Post pics and we'll know for sure. Great find!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Hi,
    I have a Hurricane 6x6 also. I live near Shipshewana, Indiana about an hour north of Fort Wayne. Give me a call 260-768-7221 I have some information on this machine.

Matt
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/KaptainKrunch97/Signature_zps2b4e9265.jpg

Hello all,
    I spoke with Shannon today and he sent me some photos of his Hurricane six wheeler. It is a renamed StarCraft. The Hurricane logo on the sides are exactly like mine. A StarCraft dealer renamed the last few machines Hurricane I was told when I purchased mine. It is nice to see a second one out there. I live near the project manager in charge of StarCraft at the time these machines were made. I will see if I can track down some more information. What is interesting is I bought my machine very close to were Shannon found his. I love old 6x6 history.

Matt

Matt
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/KaptainKrunch97/Signature_zps2b4e9265.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O. View Post
    Hello all,
    I spoke with Shannon today and he sent me some photos of his Hurricane six wheeler. It is a renamed StarCraft. The Hurricane logo on the sides are exactly like mine. A StarCraft dealer renamed the last few machines Hurricane I was told when I purchased mine. It is nice to see a second one out there. I live near the project manager in charge of StarCraft at the time these machines were made. I will see if I can track down some more information. What is interesting is I bought my machine very close to were Shannon found his. I love old 6x6 history.

Matt

Matt
    Are you sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Are you sharing?
    I'll let Shannon have the glory sharing photos of his machine. I do not want to impose.

Matt

perfect

photo 1.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 2.jpgindeed i have posted pictures of my little hurricane and it needs some tuning up it has been sitting for 30 some years in a barn as the fellow i got it from says. The Hurricane belonged to his brother in law who never came back for it. i have everything for it except the front seat it would seem. i will need to clean it up, check the wiring, engine, tranny and other parts. Matt was a cornicopia of information on this project and shed a lot of light i would have never found on it. Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by creeper2u View Post
    Attachment 12455Attachment 12457Attachment 12456indeed i have posted pictures of my little hurricane and it needs some tuning up it has been sitting for 30 some years in a barn as the fellow i got it from says. The Hurricane belonged to his brother in law who never came back for it. i have everything for it except the front seat it would seem. i will need to clean it up, check the wiring, engine, tranny and other parts. Matt was a cornicopia of information on this project and shed a lot of light i would have never found on it. Thanks so much.
    Thanks for posting pictures. Very cools find! I imagine mike will break this out into its own thread as there is so many responses and comments. We will all keep an eye out for a parts machine that might get you a good seat for yours.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

trying to post pictures into the thread

+ Reply to Thread