kid 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: kid 8x8

kid 8x8

hi all, was having a really good day, a good fun day with my kid 8x8 then suddenly the engine rpms just ran away, before I could shut it down it slung the pto shaft out . the linkage to the governer broke first! it broke one hydrostatic pump case!bent the pto output shaft ,it is a stepped Wisconsin crankshaft im screwed! going to be hard to find
    this one. a lot of bad damage if anyone knows where I might find this ,please let me know! thanks mark

OUCH! That is unfortunate that happened, sounds pretty severe. Post some pictures if you could, would like to see it. I don't have any extra parts and have been trying to search for anything online and I haven't really found anything that is available. Do you think you will try to rebuild and savage what you have?

im may drop a 4 cylinder Kubota in here not really sure yet I have a couple ,I bought a spare transmission on ebay today,ill know in a couple of weeks ,ill post some pictures thanks mark

Mark,
    I was wondering if you could elaborate on what happened. How were you using the KID at the time? Were you lugging down the engine, flying down a straight away, or just driving it easy? Any ideas on what caused the linkage to fail? Do you think it may have been related to a lubrication problem? Obviously, none of us would want to repeat your experience, so if there is any recommended PM we should do it would be nice to talk through.
    I don't know if anyone on 6x6 is interested, but you may want to post a thread if you decide to part out the VH4D.
    Bob

yes me and my grandson were running the crap out of this thing. spinning circles in the middle of road with tracks it feels like you are on ice!we were idling .im sure I left a cotter pin out,!!! screwed up. if I decide to sell anyting ill post it I have the Kubota sitting in it already.wish I have some good pictures of the diesel kid!

Quote Originally Posted by millerperf View Post
    yes me and my grandson were running the crap out of this thing. spinning circles in the middle of road with tracks it feels like you are on ice!we were idling .im sure I left a cotter pin out,!!! screwed up. if I decide to sell anyting ill post it I have the Kubota sitting in it already.wish I have some good pictures of the diesel kid!

"yes me and my grandson were running the crap out of this thing. spinning circles in the middle of road with tracks it feels like you are on ice!"

A least you were honest in how you were driving it . LOL

+ Reply to Thread