Need help with scrambler 1100

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help with scrambler 1100

Need help with scrambler 1100

Hello, new here, just bought a scrambler hoping to get it up and running. The engine starts and runs good, but when I give it gas to move it seems like to two plates don't grab to make the wheels move, I have no idea where to start. Any help to point me in the right direction would be awesome.

Start with the manuals section of the home page, sounds as if the friction material is wore or gone.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I down loaded the Manuel but since the images are not crisp or zoo able. It's hard tell part numbers. Also would the friction material have an effect on steering?

pics of the plates would help.. especially if there is noticeable gaps between them. on the 1100 series the lining material is only 1/2 wide and 1 1/4 - 1/2 long. i just did a scrambler 1000 i wound up using 1200 series for the bigger clutch material. look between the plates and see if there is missing linings
    If it don't have 6 wheels and floats.. isn't any good to me. Have you ever tried floating a 4 wheeler across a pond... Doesn't work very well does it?

I don't have anything thing you reference to determine if theses are good or bad

Well like the brake shoes, there should be individual little visible pads between the 2 round drive discs, not seen.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Looks like I'm replacing both side. What is the s
    Name of this stuff so I know what to get?

Hi pakldr, sorry I only saw this just now, I had the same problem and it's a super simple fix, a lot of people replace the clutch lining but it's not always necessary. What happens is the engine drives the wheels after going through two friction clutches on either side. These are the ones where if you steer to the right tor left they open up so as to reduce friction and let that side freewheel or slow down. These machines are very old, and the heavy duty springs that keep the pressure on these plates will lose some tension over decades of sitting around.

You won't find this when you look for it as it is hidden in what looks like a solid block of steel where the hydrological lines go, never fear it is super easy to get off and once exposed just crank down on it until you have the tension desired. I tightened right down until I couldn't get to the nut anymore. Note that the tighter you make them the more traction you'll have (at a point you will have WAY more than necessary to never get slippage again which is what you want, but as it gets tighter it takes more force to overcome the springs with the steering wheel when you turn. This can make the steering feel really heavy and take more effort, but the result is your machine will turn on a dime under all circumstances as long as your don't psychically get stuck.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to do both as as one side seems to be medal to medal no material at all. Just got to get the clutch material. Again, thanks for the info

No problem, yea it is very possible your clutch material is worn down, not to mention you really want the same thickness on either side, good luck and post back the results!

PS, there is a guy on the Facebook 6x6 group who found out that VW beetle clutch plates are the exact same size for his Scrambler (diffract models may make this not true, not sure) but he bought a clutch plate from ebay for $15 and said it was a perfect fit.

+ Reply to Thread