Badger Bushmaster

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Badger Bushmaster

Badger Bushmaster

Hello. I recently bought a 1998 Badger Bushmaster. It was built for a fire control wing of the MN DNR. Just wondering if there are more out there. I did a few google searches and found one in Canada. Its a neat machine, has a 78 HP turbo diesel, high low range with 4-8 wheel drive option with hydraulic motors at each wheel. The body is 3/16 aluminum with a steel roll cage. I would like to know where and who built it and possibly find a manual. Also need to find 10 track guides. Going to clean it up and have some fun with it then sell. If you know of one or any details I would like to chat. Thanks, Chris
    Attached Images

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. I don't think I have seen a Badger Bushmaster before. It seems like a pretty stout machine. Thanks for sharing some photos of it. You may not get much of a reply to this thread simply from the lack of others with the same machine. For the track guides, there may be other manufacturer's tracks that you can use the guides from. I'm not a track guy but you should be able to search for plastic track guides and find a few photos to compare. Good luck.

Badger Bushmaster

Hi Mike, I did find the guides. There is a company in Canada called "Right Track System" they built the tracks for this machine. Thanks for your reply and the site, lots of interesting information. Chris.

Badger bushmaster

Quote Originally Posted by JD840 View Post
    Hello. I recently bought a 1998 Badger Bushmaster. It was built for a fire control wing of the MN DNR. Just wondering if there are more out there. I did a few google searches and found one in Canada. Its a neat machine, has a 78 HP turbo diesel, high low range with 4-8 wheel drive option with hydraulic motors at each wheel. The body is 3/16 aluminum with a steel roll cage. I would like to know where and who built it and possibly find a manual. Also need to find 10 track guides. Going to clean it up and have some fun with it then sell. If you know of one or any details I would like to chat. Thanks, Chris

Chris,

Our company made the Badger Bushmasters back in the late 90s. We currently do not make them, however we are considering relaunching them. Do you still have this unit? If so would you sell it? If you have sold it, could you provide the contact info for whomever you sold it to? We would love to get in contact with you or them.

Thanks!
    Badger Bushmaster
    Springfield Welding & Mfg. Co.
    Waunakee, WI
    608-849-7077

wow, never seen this before, I want one too, this thing is HEAVY duty

I have also ordered a Badger Bushmaster, mine is equipped with drilling mast for geotechnical needs.
    Now we will do some maintance with it, because it stand under open sky for long years ...
    Most interesting is that it has only 30 mth worked ... and was parked for more than 18 years in bush at the yard.
    Some company order it for one contract and now they wholesale old machines.
    Here are some photos :
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UM...Q46tzZooCiOMKB

+ Reply to Thread