Cunneenio's 8x8 BONI,

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cunneenio's 8x8 BONI,

Cunneenio's 8x8 BONAI,

Hi All,
    As I mentioned in my introduction, I purchased a Bonai cheap. There isn't a lot of info around on them that I can find so I decided to start a thread based on my experience with it as I go. If any one else has any info about them I'd be interested to hear about it
    All I know about it so far is that it is running a 3 cylinder front wheel drive fuel injected 1000 cc engine out of one of them 3 wheel rickshaw. It seems to go well though time will tell I guess ☺
    So far I haven't done much with it except replace the fuel pump that was stuck with gum from not being used . turns out was exactly the same as the one I had in a Mitsubishi magna haha. And I mounted some spotties 👍
    Last edited by cunneenio; 10-12-2015 at 02:55 AM.

How many hours did it have on it when you bought it? Upload some photos of the your Bonai to the gallery if you get a chance. We'd love to see it and ultimately hear how reliable it is for you.

[IMG][/IMG]

I manage to upload a pic and I'll put some more up later .

I think its a 2010 model and only has 30 hrs on the clock. It has the wrong tyres on it I think these ones are for snow so the guy that owned it never really used it because he couldn't get through 2" of mud

The tires look like "excavators". I had a set once, they went through mud well, but swam poorly.

I suspect his problem was more likely inexperience. I think your machine has an open diff transmission like Argo uses. They take a little more driver skill than a t-20.

Hi Buggyman . your dead right about not being able to swim. I drove it in my dam and couldn't get back out haha.
    These are the current tires but I'm thinking about tracks . the creek beds around here are silted slop in some places so some form of tracks are probably my best option. What do you think? [IMG][/IMG]

I think all machines go through the tough stuff better with tracks...but tracks have their drawbacks too.
    The Adair tracks seem to be the best all around, but make sure you do some research on your conditions and machine before buying....they are too expensive to be having buyers remorse afterwards.

I'm curious what the internals of your machine are. Standard size bearings, axle size and material, std. chains and sprockets? Tracks are harder on these, but even without tracks, they all need to be replaced sooner or later

The chains and hubs look quite large. But hevrims are only 4 stud so not sure how strong they will be. I'll probably pull the wheels of this weekend to check out the bearings and seals anyway I'll post some picks for comparison . I'll also need to find out if the Adair tracks will fit . the axle centers are at 650 mm centers but dont know If they are the same as the Argo?
    Last edited by cunneenio; 10-12-2015 at 05:57 PM.

4 stud rims are actually very heavy duty, and many are found in the auto and machinery industry. Bearings are no doubt auto grade bearings as well, and I bet the axles are bigger than 1.25" in the aatv industry.

Post up some detailed pics and I think we can help you figure out things.

That looks like one I have left in my yard. Does it have the 2 speed transmission with reverse. Iv had a lot of it apart because it came to Alaska frozen and not running. I've driven it and it flies in high range. This one has a jet unit powered by electric motor but controls were all under water when it arrived. Haven't been able to operate it. The axles all have a sealed tube with the bearings mounted right behind the axle flange. The one I have dosent have any adjustments on front chains only axle chains. No grease seeks on anything I've found. I'll post pics from inside tub with top off when I find the camera I used when it was apart.

Hi msafi65, yeah that's the one . Hi, Low, Reverse and jet. Thus one has the jet removed apparently there was something wrong with the electric from day 1. I've thought about running it of the drive chain instead of of the electric motor with one of them step up gearbox's and a clutch from a slasher. The guy that owned it before me has put nylon chain guides on the front that seem to do the job. and yeah its pretty quick . would love to see some photos of yours too

+ Reply to Thread