Adopted another 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Adopted another 6x6

I dont hate them,I have owned 2(but will never again). This is one of the most overrated 6x6's that was ever produced.There are so many drawbacks over even similar yeared machines,it doesnt need to be new to have numerous advantages over a TT.There may be novelty in owning one,but remember it isnt even Allis-Chalmers design,but it does have their decals,so what is left,looks cool?

IMG_20151118_164043.jpgIMG_20151126_090758.jpg

I had a little time to put a few temporary roller wheels on and get it off trailer. The chain has sat so long that it wouldn't move so I am going to cut off and start fresh. I got a couple that look good to move free with winch to get to the master links. Main HUGE gear has #50 and all others #40.
    Removed fuel tank to get a size for a new one, probably going with a boat style cell.
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

That machine looks almost new, Andy. By the sound of it, someone must have left it outside, but you'd never know by looking at the body. I was never a big fan of the cone clutch setup on them, but being honest: I'm not sure I was adjusting them properly.

Gotta love the picture of the R towing the Tiger around on a trailer!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Hi Don, pretty close to new and stayed inside all its life until recently he had it tarped outside and that's all it took for the chain to sieze. No other damage was done it looks fine luckily.

If it gets around the yard ok I will be happy and plan on taking it easy on this one.
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

That is a nice looking machine you got there. I see one like it for sale near me in as good of shape. But they want 5000.00 for it.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

+ Reply to Thread