1970 Scrambler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1970 Scrambler

1970 Scrambler

I picked this up the other week. Think it is an early 70's Scrambler. I traded a sled straight up for it. It runs and drives, but has a newer Honda motor in it. It needs some love as it has been patched up here and there. Just wonderful what you guys thought its value would be and where i could get some new tires for it.
    They are not real common around me in S.E. Pa and when you do find them the price is usually high.
    Attached Images

Nice find, have fun with it.
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Yes the price is high around here. Looks like the lt front and lt rear have 7 inch wide rims on them and the other 4 are 8wide.
    Looks like it may be a 1200. does it have the electric reverse?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

No electric start or reverse.
    I would like to get 6 matching rims and tires. Rims have a 4 bolt pattern. Not sure about spacing though. Dont know much about it. Figured i would jump on the chance to get it since it was a straight up trade for a sled. I have plenty of them lol

WTF?

Do all the tires hold air and roll straight? If so I'd just leave it as is and make the most of it. Scramblers have notoriously weak drive trains and adding more traction will likely just induce slipping or other drive train issues. You have no reverse so you’re never going to end up in terrain so challenging you’d need more aggressive tread anyways. Don’t mean to be blunt but the Scrambler isn’t worth investing tons of time and money in to make work a little better or sell for more. After working on mine for years at the end of the day I would be happy if I could drive it an hour before something else went wrong. The Scrambler is more of a scary fast 6 wheeled go kart in my humble opinion. Go take it out and tear up a field or run it over some sand dunes until your white knuckled but mudding / crawling etc isn’t something it’s good for.

+ Reply to Thread