Super Swamp Fox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Super Swamp Fox

Quote Originally Posted by AK BUSHMAN View Post
    I need some advice on my swamp fox. I need to find the two drive sprocket assembly that comes of the trans. DO you have any ideas on where I can find a new one. After years of roll pins breaks, the small chips broke out the underside of the sprocket collars next to the axle.
    Call Buffalo Bearing and get the good G&G USA made sprockets. They'll take good care of you. Tell them you're on 6x6World. (716) 874-1720.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks, I called and they are helping me out!

Update on my progress. I ran all the useable parts through my blast cabinet. I painted or powder coated everything. The bearing holders look better than new so I am reusing them. I got new bearings from Buffalo Bearing. I made a new axle to replace the one I had to cut and blasted and painted the frame. I built new split shifter controls and driving controls. I completely rebuilt the T20. Thanks to Drew for a pair of drums and Matt at Muddox for a bushing replacement. Next comes new wiring and the the frame can go back into the body.

DSCN0387.jpgDSCN0392.jpgDSCN0393.jpgDSCN0394.jpg

Amazing attention to detail.....I wish I had the time/money to dedicate to my SF.

The swamp fox is ready for a motor! I added split locking collars on inside and outside of each axle. I also made a new front skid plate of high impact 1/4" plastic. I will powder coat the wheels this coming winter. I found a place in Wi. that sells Salsbury drive and driven clutches at a reasonable price so I bought new clutches. I am still leaning towards a Winsun diesel unless I find a good deal on a gas motor. I have swamp fox parts to sell like the engine cover, gas tank, aluminum skid plate, rear seats, gas tank mounting brackets, front under seat shield and misc. Prefer not to ship large items.

DSCN0408.jpgDSCN0407.jpgDSCN0397.jpgDSCN0406.jpgDSCN0402.jpg

Wow! Nice work. At first I was a little disappointed that someone beat me to it when I seen it on CL. But I see it went to the right place. Can't wait to see it when you're all done.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Nice job!
    Banned

Throttle control

Throttle control. Just finished the controls. I found that a Jet Ski throttle control is perfect for our machines. I have 1" control rods..... so I cut the right one and cut 2" off and welded in a 7/8" steel rod that was 3 & 1/4" long. I had to grind both ends to fit inside the 1" tube about a 1/2". I drilled a hole in the tube above and below the rod and plug welded it in place. Painted it and installed the throttle control. The throttle control and water proof cable cost under $18. Look on Ebay under Jet Ski throttle control.

DSCN0423.jpgDSCN0424.jpg

Just a point of interest! The initial cost of the Swamp Fox was $2200 plus $90 in diesel. Additional cost to date is $1900. I plan on selling the Vanguard 16 H.p. engine, drive and driven clutches, T20 drums, engine cover and etc. Last big expense is a new motor. So I will have about $4000 to $5000 in the machine. Basically a new machine. This might help others who are thinking of restoring an old machine.
    Last edited by oldstreetracer; 07-19-2016 at 02:35 PM.

street... beautiful job and i like the throttle control. also was wondering what kind of price on the 16 hp vanguard. i have one out here in va. for sale and not sure what it's worth. has a new $ 80.00 starter on it and runs good. thanks, johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread