Super Swamp Fox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Swamp Fox

Super Swamp Fox

Drove 10 hours yesterday to pick up my new find. This machine is in very good shape for it's age. Been in the same family it's entire life. It has been up graded with a V-twin briggs, new tires and a split shift. The chains, bearings and seal look to be in excellent condition and the body has only a few chips. I will be tearing it down and restoring it. I am sure I will need advise from members who have experience with these machines.DSCN0330.jpgDSCN0326.jpgDSCN0328.jpgDSCN0329.jpgDSCN0327.jpg

Oh you're the one that called before me lol. Congrats, looks Like it's in great shape.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

That Fox is NICE!!!
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Very nice super swamp fox.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    It looks really nice and if memory serves me correctly, the SSF is a very fast swimmer with the right tires. I do have a question though, if everything is in good condition, why rebuild it now? Ride it and check it out, then if you are satisfied that all is good ride it until something major needs fixing. Just hate to see you rebuild a rideable machine if it is not needed.
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Hi, I bought this Fox for two reasons. One I have wanted one for a long time...... missed out on a couple. Two I need a project to work on. I have built street rods for years but I gave that up now. I need something to work on....... so I am tearing it down and I will be cleaning, blasting and powder coating. Repairing or replacing and then putting it all back together. That is what I love to do! I have a nicely restored Kid to drive. I will post pictures when the Fox is done. Old men need projects...... it keeps us going.

Quote Originally Posted by oldstreetracer View Post
    Hi, I bought this Fox for two reasons. One I have wanted one for a long time...... missed out on a couple. Two I need a project to work on. I have built street rods for years but I gave that up now. I need something to work on....... so I am tearing it down and I will be cleaning, blasting and powder coating. Repairing or replacing and then putting it all back together. That is what I love to do! I have a nicely restored Kid to drive. I will post pictures when the Fox is done. Old men need projects...... it keeps us going.
    I can understand that , please keep us updated
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Axle removal!!!!!!!!!!

DSCN0331.jpgDSCN0332.jpgDSCN0334.jpgDSCN0335.jpg
    SWAMP FOX RESTORERS.....I need advice. The previous owner put roll pins in the sprockets and then welded them in. I tried kobalt, titanium and HSS drills.........none of them work. I got one off by drilling with a masonary drill. Not the way to go. I did order a TTP Hard drill from England...... hope it works. Did anyone cut the axles to get them out and if so what did you replace them with? Any advice will be appreciated....Thank you!!!!
    Last edited by oldstreetracer; 04-23-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Is it possible to grind the weld off with a small die grinder bit then drive the roll pin out?
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Hi, Yes I have ground some down with a grinder but it has a 4" wheel. Some of the pins are in too small of a space. I just received my TTP drill bit..... which I used on one weld and it cut like it was going through regular steel. I am impressed and I hope they all drill that easy. Does anyone know if axles are available used or new? I know..... call Rick at 6x6. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread