Terra tiger

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Terra tiger

Terra tiger

Hi i have a 1973 terra tiger
    It was basically just a really soldid body and sprockets and tires
    I replaced all chains and bearings and started putting it back together. The motor was gone and i got a brand new 13 hp motor to drop in. Im mounting the motor and building a seat and it is off road worthy. I can post pictures in a bit but my question is, what is a nice running and driving one with a new motor worth? And what kind if any brakes did these things have? I only have about 600$ in it because the motor was free.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 1963 pengor penguin; 07-31-2016 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Add in pics

My advice is ,for all it is worth,dont put anymore money than you have in it already.These are a not so desireable AATV, and you will have a hard time getting the money youve already spent on it back.Desireable AATV's will have a transmission with reverse,full frame,heavier axles,heavier drive chains. This is a machine a diehard AC collector may want,but remember it really isnt an actual AC designed machine...

It is hard to tell in your picture if it's still there, but there should be a brake disc just to the right of the driven clutch with a cable operated brake caliper. Also has independent steering brakes built into the steering clutches.
    Yes, the only people who really want these things are AC collectors, and we all know they weren't designed by Allis. AC, at their peak, was making money faster than they could get rid of it, and they started buying up smaller companies, and that is why the Allis name got printed on so many different things. That is what makes the history so intriguing. For younger guys like me it's trying to see what they saw in the design that they thought was going to be profitable, whether or not it really was. Sorry for the long post, just blowing off steam
    Last edited by Hercules222; 06-02-2016 at 11:18 PM.

I personally think Terra Tigers looks REALLY cool with their "cab rearward" stance due to the front engine. Maybe they werent very well engineered but I bet theyre pretty fun to play around on if you stick to relatively tame terrain.
    SPD FREAK

Drive one and see how much fun they are,tiller steering takes some effort,and the ability to twist your arms up all the while giving it throttle and brake...

I had one with a 440 Herth engine in it and Beat the Crap out of others in Barrel races !!!
    If ou like it go for it !
    Also it Floats Real Good .
    Yes it has No tranny for reverse but for a first time 6x6 it FUN !!

if you wanna hear about hard to steer, my old argo 8x8 (1977 I believe) did not steer at all, I would stand up and put all my weight into leanin back at 180 lb. and it would slowly start to change direction. SOLD IT ASAP and made some good profit!!!

Yay!!!! My clutch came in last night and I put everything together and fabbed a new exhaust system! Runs great. Great speed great power. Next is paint but I'll drive it till then
    Last edited by 1963 pengor penguin; 08-01-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Success
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Sold it for 2000$$$$$$

+ Reply to Thread