Scrambler questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scrambler questions

Scrambler questions

What can I use for a replacement for the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder. The one that is on there is leaking when turning. Would just a normal grease zerk work? If so what size? Also, how do you get the drive belt off? There is a replacement one right next to it thankfully so I just need to get the old one off and new one on. This is on a Scrambler markII. Also how do you prime the steering? I know it's atf fluid but do you need a special grease gun or just a regular one work. Thanks in advance for any help...kind of scrambler newbie when it comes to repairs on it.

The grease gun must be modified by removing the spring loaded follower assembly and then welding the elongated hole in the cap closed. If you try to use an unmodified gun, you will have ATF everywhere. The ATF fluid will gravity feed when the gun is pumped. Been a long time, but want to say that normal zerks will work.
    I have to have a Supacat.

Thanks for the response. Any idea how to get that new drive belt on? The spare is right there I just don't know how to get it on. I've read the manual for oiling the torque converter and it says just slip the belt off and then put it back on but doesn't say how this can be easily achieved.

Try turning the CVTs while you pull the belt over one of them. I don't know about the Scrambler specifically but a lot of times you can get the belt to just roll off the clutches of different ATVs without having to loosen any engine mounts.

It's been so long since I had my Scrambler, I can't remember if I had to loosen the jackshaft or not to put the new belt on - but I want to say that I did.
    I have to have a Supacat.

Thanks for the replies..I tried to just slip it over and I couldn't get it to go..after looking at it I see there is already a small notch out of the belt...i'm thinking i'm going to have to replace it or i'm assuming it'll probably break right away..any ideas about the size for the new belt? I've read it's a gates 6013 belt but it says the OD is 36.750 inches. I measured the outside diameter of the one that's on there and it measures 38.750. Now i'm confused as to if the 6013 belt is the right replacement belt. Anyone have any input?

my Marc 12 takes a 1304 golf cart belt for a Harley Davison
    Columbia/Harley Davidson 2-Cycle Drive Belt (Fits 1961-1966)
    Acta non verba

ok..so after much struggle I managed to get the "new" old belt that was strapped to the transmission on the pulleys..but now that its on there it's apparently too tight..when I turn the engine over it starts rolling forward just from cranking on the engine. when the engine is off I cant even push it.. its like the brakes are on.. is there something that needs to be adjusted now that the new belt is on? Like I said the od of this belt is 38.750 and just a little over an inch wide. the torque converter on the engine shaft is completely closed and not touching the belt it's just that it must be so tight on there its grabbing. any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread