StarCraft

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: StarCraft

yES I THINK I LUCKED OUT AS THE bEARINGS ARE tIGHT AS IS THE INNER BUSHINGS.

1029161635-00.jpg1029161400-00.jpgStarted a rough mock up on engine and fuel cell. Looks like it is going to work out nice but need to lower engine some. But I am looking at making a new engine mount that is adjustable so that should address that issue. I see I need to cut some weld on one sprocket to get the L,R axle out and pull the frame.
    All in all happy with the StarCraft !
    Any ideas or input is Very welcome. Also if ANYONE has a pic of a Factory Racer I would like to see them as I found the factory roll bar mounting holes when I flipped the upper body over.

There aren't very many pics of the racers that I know of, but here are the ones I had.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Thank you don !

Pulled the front four axles and bearings and front frame section. Got my aluminum plate for my motor mount also. ready to take the upper body to the strippers and then start the fiberglass work at the shop.
    So far all good with it !1105161657-00.jpg1105161657-01.jpg

1113161424-00.jpg1113161425-00.jpg1113161425-01.jpgWell I got the new engine plate and isolators mocked up and set the engine and tranny in to see how the set up will go in. Can you all tell me the best place to get a belt ? also what are my choices on length ?

Tidy install
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

lookin good!

trans mount.jpgtrans mount 2.jpgStarted on making anew trans mount and still working on the chain adjuster .
    See the trans pivot's on the front mount an adjusts at the rear to keep the Main chain tight to the rear drive axle.

Well as most of you have found out you move one step forward and end up Three steps behind !
    I Roughed in my tranny mounts and Cool adjusters and Really think it will hold up very well ! Then I mount the engine plate . It looks good to go !
    Ok I lower the engine on it and Rough in my belt line up and my belt is WAY to small AND I can't slide the engine forward because it HITS MY TRANNY ADJUSTERS !!
    So now I need a Longer Belt OR a Smaller engine. The Kohler 18 is MASSIVE !
    At this point I am thinking of just selling it and looking into another engine .
    So hear is my progress so far. NOTE: This is a Mock up NOT finish product.tm2.jpgtm3.jpgtm1.jpg

+ Reply to Thread