StarCraft

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: StarCraft

If your not worried about spending money, (dumb statement) go to west systems marine fiberglass. They have a system for every type of fiberglass repair, from boat transom that hold 200+ hp motors to a hull repair that needs to be able to flex. I highly recommend their products. There good, but pricey especially for 1 hole. They also have how to videos and booklets.

Thank you ! I was thinking or using Napa Woven fiberglass matting and trying to fill/Patch them ? But I will check them out.

That works fine just be shure to put a piece of cloth on both sides of the repair if possible. The Napa glass is very rigid. You can use the drywall tape cloth in the big box stores. It will help

Had a Good day at the shop and after I finished customers wheels I got on the SarCraft.
    Got my Tiers and Wheels mounted up and Very happy
    I also Ran the Main drive chain's and got the R middle Chain run. One Question I have is the Middle drive chain it TIGHT ! I figured it will stretch in As I hate to use a 1/2 link !
    What is a good chain play on these
    I ran around a 1/2"+ on my Microsprint.
    Also Before you ask The Tires are NOT 4-Snow 2 ply tires ! Thy are 4 Ply 22x10x9 .
    I think thy are the BOMB for this machine !
    As soon as I get the Left Center drive mocked up its time to take apart and paint the frame in put into the lower tub. ( As soon as I do the fiber Glass work on it !)
    Let me know what you think or any input
    m a drive.jpgM drive .jpgtires.jpg

Wow wedge ,The wheels look fabulous.

THANKS
    There Double Rolled outer lip Aluminum 8x9 with Bead locks. I Powder coated the rings as I Love Orange. Reminds me of my Sprint car days
    Last edited by wedge; 04-16-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Looking great, I like the transmission mods
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Well I got the left side Middle chain set up in and see I ma use a 1/2 link as the center chain's are WAY to tight !
    Went and tore it down for finale welding and clean up so off to Paint and powder coating
    Also made up some T20 adjusters out of Hex stock so adjusting is easy. Now on to Fiber Glass repair to the lower tub. Any Pointers out there on this ??

Make sure that you clean the area around the patches and grind down to old glass. I would make a "puck " of some kind to fill the hole and then paint a coat of resin over the repair area, lay on the batting, insert the "puck",,smooth with a spreader. Repeat on the other side. Let dry 24 hours install a second layer of batting.

Thank you ! I was going to Soda blast around the hole's that way I get a good bond. I don't have any fiberglass that thick to make a plug out of but I will see if I can dig something up ??
    Would like to reGelcoat it also but need to read up on that ? This stuff is all new to me as I Weld everything together !! LOL!!
    Again Thank you for the help !

+ Reply to Thread