StarCraft

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: StarCraft

StarCraft

I looked over the site and found a little on them but dose anyone here other than Matt have one ? Looking form more info on them like the drive system and so on.
    Spec's would be nice also. And Pics Let me know what you have.
    Thanks Guys

Did thy ever make a StarCraft in another color other than Yellow ?

Ok here is the deal ! I didn't want to say anything as I didn't want to get Skyped on this deal But I just got a Killer deal on a StarCraft !
    I have wanted one since I sold m Wedge. I want to redo it some what Resto mod. Like better wheels and so on.
    I will post pics when I pic it up this weekend.
    Just looking for info and what anyone know on these ?

Did you get the silver one in WV?

I've had one for some time, but haven't done anything with it yet. The drive train is a little weak on the final drives from what Matt O. says (his is a racer).

Good luck with it!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Yes I just bought it today ! I am SO STOOKED !!!
    I worked for Weeks to get it as he sold it to another guy and he decided it was not for him so he called me today and I GOT IT !
    Going this weekend to pick it up. WOW !!
    Sorry but Man try to find one ! Plan on going over and doing it up rite. Won't know what I am in for till I get it home but for the price I am good to go.

Sounds like you're about to take on a fun project! The literature Starcraft produced revolved around their prototype machines (all from about 1969), and none actually show the production models. Early designs didn't use the T20. A journalist nearly capsized the machine during a demonstration, thus ending the small body style. The prototypes were to be destroyed, but somehow one snuck through the cracks and is now in the Mudd-Ox collection. Production was only in 1971 and less than 50 machines were built. There was a factory racing team as well.

Starcraft sold their 6x6 inventory to H & H Properties, and they built the machines through Molded Products who also built Hurricane Boats. Some 6x6's have "Starcraft" emblems on the side and dash, while others say "Hurricane." We have seen serial numbers mixed between both brands, which suggests frames weren't assembled sequentially. There is also rumor Starcraft also built the Sears Sporter. If you look closely at the two machines, they're very similar.

Skidding Through Time - Mudd OxMudd Ox

StarCraft.jpgStarCraft2.jpgI watched that vid over and over say MAN I want one of these ! I also like the roll bar on one of the members here .
    Matt. I will see if the # tag is on it when I pick it up. Also it has a V twin briggs in it already so some of my work is done. I will post pics as soon as I can. It need some work like the top of the body mounted as it is held o with Jeep atches rite now. All in All it is a running driving machine But I know me and it will get an overhaul for sure. BUT I want to play with it also !!
    Here is the two pics I have that he sent me.

Very cool videos. I must have missed the history vid until now- thanks for the link, Nick!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Nice Starcraft,Wedge!

So with no real production #'s on these is it a Restore OR a Modified runner ?
    Want a six to play with but know this is not one to beat in major mud holes.
    Anyone run around in one of these ? I Love the older six's but don't want to kill it !
    Any opinions on this ? What your all thoughts ??
    Last edited by wedge; 10-14-2016 at 11:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread