Russian AATV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Russian AATV

john Swenson, thanks for your response. To answer your question, the Tinger Scout 2 person AATV has a Honda GX690 v twin 22 hp air cooled 4 stroke 688cc engine driving a CVT with a planetary differential driving the two 380mm wide tracks. The Tinger Track 5 person AATV has a choice of three Chery 4 stroke inline engines, a 2 cylinder 35 hp 600cc engine, a 3 cylinder 57 hp 812 cc engine, or a 4 cylinder 68 hp 1100cc engine. All the drivelines are similar to the Scout with the CVT and planetary differential driving chains that run each 380mm wide or 500mm wide track side. To steer, each vehicle has a disc brake for each track side and by slowing or stopping a particular side you can steer and/or stop the vehicle. Each vehicle has a plastic body and steel reinforced rubber tracks. Multiple options are available to include roll bars, fabric tops, winches, additional lighting, etc.

all the videos show them to be very capable machines.... and have been in production awhile. i think anyone considering buying would want a test run first. if a buyer in the states had one, they could give a report after a test period. that would probably create more interest for potential owners. obviously someone has to take that plunge. johnboy

John, you hit the nail on the head, most people want a test drive before shelling out that kind of money, and I am no exception. Before I get involved with them I will also need to test drive both models, so my challenge now is how to get a hold of them to see if it they are good driving vehicles. I don't get to Europe very often but the next time I do I plan on making it a point to visit a dealer and check them out and then decide on whether to commit to helping them establish a foothold in America. Should be interesting.

yes, it would probably be less money to fly over and meet the people, check out the production setup,etc. , discuss parts stocking, and of course test drive the machines. also if they really want to break into the u.s. market by having a dealer, you could maybe get the first one at cost or them to sponsor one at a outdoor type trade show. you could offer to pay for the exibit booth space and take orders if they would ship one over.i can't imagine the floor model wouldn't sell. i use to sell the amusement rides i manufactured weeks before the show. just a few ideas to mull over. something like this always takes a investment to see if it's viable. the key is to make the least needed to come to a good decision if it's a go . johnboy

Thanks John, all good ideas. I look forward to being the first in the USA to have one but it has to be something I believe is a good product for me to stand behind it and promote it, and as you pointed out, make sure the people that I deal with are easy to get along with and in this case, easy to understand as I imagine the language difference could prove troublesome if they don't know English well enough since my Russian is not very good either, something that I will be brushing up on in the future.

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Bump for updates
    Thanks
    Ty Turner

870-818-1315
    tyturnersoffroad@yahoo.com

JESUS ROCKS

TURNEROFFROAD, no updates to speak of, I haven't had a chance to test drive either the two person or five person machine yet, I did find out that there is a dealership in Sweden which is a little closer than Russia, I travel to Europe every so often so right now my best bet is probably visiting the Swedish dealership to check them out. I'll let you know how that goes and my impression of them as soon as it takes place, but right now it could be a while since my employer has restricted overseas travel to try to save money in these tight times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0zHsjLGZh4

Not trying to be a kill joy, but is it me or does this look less than impressive?
    I can't tell if it's the machine or the drivers. I think it might just be the lack of driving skill, seems like the driver is very afraid to lay on the gas and stay there. Maybe he thinks he'll break something (they are making field repairs later). Or maybe he's addicted to using a winch?

But it's almost as if the machine lacked enough track bite, or the fact the tracks sit so low and offer no buoyancy that the machine sits very low in mud and water unlike a tire/tiretrack argo.

Again it’s hard to image such a set-up wouldn’t excel in this environment, it may just be lack of driving technique. I’ve seen stock MaxIV’s handle this kind of terrain, and none of us here would image an Escargo or Adair equipped machine would even slow going through this kind of stuff.

The idea of a tracked Argo that doesn’t suffer from chain wind up, maintaining air pressure or throwing a track and damaging rubber and has the benefit of maximizing ground clearance, suspension and simplicity is one I to would enjoy.

Yet maybe the extra float of the air filled tires and the open steel tread of the Adair tracks really makes an unbeatable combination?

allwheeldrive, you bring up some very valid points, and not knowing the skill level of the operators and the video not showing a continuous story it is hard to comment on, but it is one of the reasons I would need to test drive both models before committing to them to see just how good or bad they do handle the difficult terrain and water crossings. I think in general having just tracks on bogies is going to have some distinct advantages over the tire/track set up as you mention but operating in water might not be one of them unless the top half of the track can get above the water line so it is not fighting the bottom half, sort of the way the rear tires on an Argo 8x8 propel the vehicle along better since they are half way out of the water compared to the front tires that are submerged and fighting the forward motion with the top of the tire under the water line. I do like the idea of not having six or eight wheel/tires to maintain and having a real suspension to absorb the bumps that can be tailored to suit the ride quality needs of the user just by changing the spring rates on the suspension springs, something you can't do with the air tire machines from Argo, Max, and Mudd-Ox.

+ Reply to Thread