Scrambler 6x6 chain length

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scrambler 6x6 chain length

Scrambler 6x6 chain length

Does anyone happen to have the required lengths of chain for a scrambler? Dont know the year or model, but it is a 4 seater if that helps, previous owner put new chains on it, and im assuming it mustve started with no chains as I cant get anywhere close to where I need to be tension wise, at best ive had 2 on one side i was happy with, and the rest we're either ready to fall off, or piano string tight

Ahhh the Scrambler chain adjustments good times good times (sarcasm)
    I’d have to dig through my photo archives as I found a few tricks to somewhat make them do what I wanted. My biggest problem was whenever I got them adjusted they would no longer run parallel and break or fall off the sprockets.
    You could just remove links and splice it back together tight, and add links to make them longer. But I thought I read somewhere that changed the revolutions of the wheels out of sync. Honestly I can’t image how that would be possible. A 1 mile long chain or 2 feet are going to spin their respective sprockets at the same speed I’d think. At least that’s what I eventually did. Just broke the chain with a chain breaker and added length of chain or remove. Put a new mater link back in and be good to go.

This isn’t a good tactic overall as you will induce accelerated wear on the sprockets due to the strange assortment of broken in and fresh chain, however in all honesty with the average lifespan and hours a Scrambler may accomplish before it drives it’s owner mad I wouldn’t worry about it.

+ Reply to Thread