Hoot Etv Belts

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hoot Etv Belts

Hoot Etv Belts

Hey, I'm a new owner of a 08 Hoot and an trying to get a set of spare belts. I've removed and measured the belts and this is what I got.

Forward drive belts: L-117cm(46") W-2cm(3/4") H-1.2cm(1/2")
    This belt is cogged on inside.

Cvt belt: L-150cm(59") topW-4cm(1.5") insideW-3.2cm H-1.5cm(1/2")
    This belt is ribbed/cogged on top.

The 2 forward belts should be easy to find at hardware store being just cogged v-belts. The Cvt belt I will have to order online. Can some one help me with proper part #'s for these belts. I can't seem to find any matches when I searched the web. Any help is good.

I don't have a part number but another member may be able to chime in. There are a couple of Hoot owners or past owners on the board. I did want to mention two possible options if nobody else can help. You could try Roy at Quality Drive. He is really good with being able to get you the CVT belt you need. I've used him for custom applications and he can quickly find a belt based on my measurements. He may be able to tell you what belt fits a Hoot or he may be able to just find the one you need based on your measurements. Here is his website: Quality Drive Systems You will want to call him. Your other option may be direct from Hoot themselves. I know that Hoot has changed hands several times so I'm not sure who owns the company and manufacturing rights now but I think it may be Growler: Hoot Amphibious ATV, Growler Manufacturing and Engineering HOOT Amphibious ATV

Thanks Mike, I've been searching numbers and a lot of belt sites and I've come to the conclusion the two forward drive belts are "BX43" v-belts. And I think I might of found a Cvt belt that will work. I messaged seller of Cvt belt and waiting for a response. I'll contact quality drive and see if they can supply a belt. I didn't think Knox or Winchester would be much help. I'll figure it out and post numbers for anyone else that needs them.

I'm sure that would help some other Hoot owner out in the future. Thanks for updating for the thread.

I am a new member and a proud owner of a hoot . Although it doesn't seem to work! It was advertised as a 2013 and only 30 hours! I will try adjusting the belts (i just got it yesterday ) :-/ I ment what i said when i said proud this is my first 6x6 and i love the concept. I will make it work! Just not sure how yet ? Have i been hoot-doed or with some tlc can they be made to work?

Swineslayer post some pictures of the clutch and transmission setup and maybe someone on here can help. Probably should start a new thread though.

Okay I will just as soon as I figure out how to do that lol thank you for the help I'm not really tech-savvym

Hey Swineslayer, I could give you help with your Hoot. I've pretty much completely gone through mine checking it out. Mine only had 26hourson it so its in original condition. Feel free to ask me any questions. Do you see any Belt numbers on your belts?

+ Reply to Thread