IMP Kadoo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IMP Kadoo

IMP Kadoo

So I saw this thing sitting on the side of the road the other day. I was going to strip it down but now I think I might try to rebuild it. As you can see from the pick it needs a lot of work and is missing some parts. Onece it thaws out I will start cleaning it out.
    My first of what will probably be many many questions is dose anyone have model numbers for the Kohler engine or any information on the drive system so I can start researching possiblites for parts
    Thanks
    Attached Images

Welcome Mechanicor. I have no useful info regarding your new toy. I just want to make the observation that something about the body style reminds me of a 56 or 57 Chevy car. Therefore, I think some chrome wheels are in order when you get to the finishing touches!

Thanks for the welcome. I was thinking about the rims but I thought it would be to much with the duel
    Custom hood scoops and two speaker rear suround sound sparkomatic sound system.

There was another one of those on here for sale. Look through the for sale section.
    Also Welcome to the site and when you get time fill in you profile so we all know where your at if you need help with parts and such.

Fix the radio first, so you can listen to some oldies while working on it, but clean out the leaves first since it is a Sparkomatic .

Cool machine you found there.
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

The steer clutches are a plate style like a motorcycle clutch. I would start to soak them now with some PB Blaster or another solvent to free them up.
    Also any other moving part you want to save !

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...utch-pack.html

Here's some info on the clutches.

The Apex transmission ahead of the steering clutches is a relatively simple unit with F-N-R selection. They're not all that uncommon, so if you find that yours has problems, a drop in replacement shouldn't be all that hard to find. I'm not sure if the Apex takes 90W gear oil or what.

Here's a good link describing the unit (ignore that is says chain adjusters...) : Route6x6.com - 6 and 8 wheel ATV how to's - Max 2 Chain adjusters
    Last edited by hydromike; 01-13-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks all for the advice and info. Started disassembling it yesterday split the hull halves and removed engine and drive train.
    Pretty much all the cables are shot, most of the wood on the top half is gone and the Mirax fuel tank bottom is rusted out.

[QUOTE=hydromike;209268]The Apex transmission ahead of the steering clutches is a relatively simple unit with F-N-R.

The apex transmission was used in early Polaris and Arctic cat snowmobiles, the Coot, as well as in some fork lifts and other industrial equipment. I've seen them many times over the years, some are F-N-R style, and the later ones were High-neutral-Low-Neutral-Reverse. They are out there and are pretty durable little transmissions. I know at least one other Coot owner pulled his Apex and transplanted a Muncie 3 speed manual, so there are several ways to go.

+ Reply to Thread