need a drive belt for newt the bold

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need a drive belt for newt the bold

need a drive belt for newt the bold

I would like to buy a new belt for Newt, I don't know where to get one though.
    My ballpark measurements come out to 54 3/8" long and 1 3/8" wide. Does that sound
    close? The Challenger part number on the old belt is 11135 there is also a 49v on it.
    Any help would be appreciated. Tried searching replacement belts, and looking for online charts but so far nothing.

Look in this place and see if it's a variable speed belt. I've been purchasing variable speed belts for some machines from vbelt guys. http://www.optibelt-usa.com/fileadmi...ED_CATALOG.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    Look in this place and see if it's a variable speed belt. I've been purchasing variable speed belts for some machines from vbelt guys. http://www.optibelt-usa.com/fileadmi...ED_CATALOG.pdf
    I sent these guys an email over the weekend, they have not replied.

Didn't word the response well. Try v belt guys and search for a belt of proper width. Your old number sounds like variable speed belt. Buffalo trucks with comet clutches use a 19 wide 30 degree belt, thus 1930v the length is the last three or four digits.

McMastercar has a good selection https://www.mcmaster.com/#v-belts/=16ds8vf
    But for the price I'd look elsewhere when you find a part number that's what I did.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I checked all the sights out and can't find anything close. the difficult part is the length, 54".

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    OMG, that may do it! Thank you so much!!!

Is there a simple way to confirm the degrees? Are all clutches made to go with 30, or are there some oddballs out there?

I measure across the driven pulley with a protractor. Or cut a cardboard template that fits into the pulley and trace on paper so angles can be measured. 30 degree systems measure right at 15 degrees off square on both sides. My old drill press has a 22 degree variable speed set in it. Most clutch sets I've measured for vehicles are 30. Does your 1 3/8" belt sit flush with outer edge of driven pulley?

+ Reply to Thread