Questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Questions

Questions

Finally got it running sort of seems to only like full throttle and sticks full forward. Engine runs ok at all rpm ranges , was hoping it would like driving slow but it doesn't

What kind of machine, engine and clutch setup do you have?

Old chaparral with jlo 340, clutch unknown . If i give it 1/4 throttle and push sticks forward it goes a couple of feet and stops. If i give it 3/4 throttle and move sticks slowly foward it does the same . Full throttle and push sticks foward fast and it jumps up and moves about 25 mph .

Thinking belt or clutch , hoping to rule out transmission

It does sound like a belt issue. Have you checked the belt tension or the condition of the belt to make sure it's not loose or worn?

Belt seems loose to me i could pull it up and take it off transmission pull simply by turning the pulley don't see any way to adjust it. Not sure how tight belt should be . So guess I will be ordering a few new belts

I'm not familiar with the drivetrain of a Chaparrel. Check to see if your engine mount allows you to slide it back. If not, perhaps you will have to just buy a new belt. Hopefully one of the other members more familiar with your machine can give you some better advice.

A 2 stroke clutch may have an engagement of as high as 3500rpm, you will need some room to test a 2 stroke machine.

Probably not going to be able to ride around 5 mph.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Mike definitely need new belt ,from researching other post i can figure out width but no simple way to figure length. Engine has zero adjustability so belt has to be right on

Argo Jim, i understand 2 cycle engines need to rev but a steady 5-10 would be nice is this possible?

+ Reply to Thread