Anyone ever pull the driven clutch on a Coot?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anyone ever pull the driven clutch on a Coot?

Huh strange can't click for bigger picture says 404 not found. I've been waiting to hear back from Quality Drive Systems for almost 2 weeks. Sent 2 emails.

If you go to the photos in my gallery, you should be able to full size them, I would call Quality Drive Systems, ask to speak with Roy, if he is unavailable his back-up can answer your questions.

Update, installed my new torque sensitive clutch, It really is a night and day difference, drives way nicer, doesn't feel like the engine is fighting the gearing anymore, but alas I still manage to get belt slip. I just don't understand. Everything has been checked can someone confirm, is it just not possible to transmit 8+ HP though one of these CVT belt drives?

I assume you should be able to stall the engine before the belt starts spinning. Even with the new clutch, nice newer drive clutch + sanding, Plus new sanded belt, correct tension, calibrated alignment (moved engine until I had just enough slack to easily change gears)

If I put it in 2nd gear and get speed up and drive into a hill or mud too steep or deep the machine slows and slows and the engine stays constant with no RPM lose until the Coot stops moving entirely with the engine still singing along. Either these drive setups just can't handle a few HP, Something somewhere is off, or My Yanmar L90 Makes hundreds of foot pounds of torque unbeknownst to me.

+ Reply to Thread