Calling All Wedge Owners

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calling All Wedge Owners

Calling All Wedge Owners

In the process of rebuilding a Sperry Rand Wedge and ran into a stumbling block. The chain from the transmission output shaft to the primary drive is a triple strand chain. It falls somewhere between a #40 standard and a metric triple strand. Took it to Motion Industries and they cannot find a match. Anyone out there with a solution? Can I run three individual chains or will that decrease the strength too much? As always, I appreciate any info you can provide.

search e/bay for triple #40 chain or look up MSC or Granger.
    I got a new one for my wedge back in the day but not at my shop to see where I got it.
    I do know Tsubaki makes it and there one of the Best chain people out there.

Here is the in you may need ? it is e/bay auction # 291675003881

Thanks. Saw that one on Ebay earlier. The roller dimensions and overall width do not match #40 chain. The metric size solves the roller diameter but not the overall width. The new triple strand adds an additional plate that increases the width. Maybe that will not effect the overall performance. Have to get to my wedge to measure the sprockets. Definitely don't want to change those.

To get you up and running you can always run 2 strands on the outer sections .

I wondered about that. Not expensive so maybe I can get three separate strands to fit for now.

It is worth a try ?

Hay Bud did you get your wedge up and running ? What engine do you have in it also ?
    Just thought I would check in on ya to see how you made out ?

Goods sources tell me that this chain is same as primary chain on BSA and Triumph motorcycles... try this. Speed & Sport :: Primary Chain, Triple-Row

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

+ Reply to Thread