Scrambler 1200 questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scrambler 1200 questions

Scrambler 1200 questions

Hello 6x6 world, I bought an Action Age Srambler 1200 about 8 months ago that I came across while buying a car from someone. It had been mechanically restored a few years ago including a complete rebuild on the original 12 hp motor, chains, brake/disc material, hydraulics, bearings, and wiring. It runs really well and starts right up. And I must say that even for someone like myself that has some really really fast cars this thing is scary fast. At this point I just don't know what I want to do with it. After spending some time on this site I have learned that you guys and gals have a real love for these machines. That said I think that it should be owned by a 6x6 enthusients.
    I'm not so concerned with getting max value for it. I'd be interested in atv/motorcycle trades or offers.
    If I post it on the classifieds section what would be a fair price range to ask for it?

Thanks

Picture was taken last fall when I got it. It's much cleaner now.

**** Posted now in the classifieds for $1700 ****
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Tortoise; 03-27-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Scrambler don't usually net a lot of cash, due to the fact they have no reverse, limited ground clearance, and a less reliable drive train than the T20 machines. (the steering wheel is fun though, and they are wickedly fast).

Unless someone is looking for a Scrambler most will buy a well used Max or Argo first. The Scrambler is more of a collector piece if it's in immaculate condition, and a nightmare project that goes nowhere if it is not lol.

I think a fair price would be $2,000ish. I bought mine for $600 and fixed everything under the sun and sold it later for $1,200. Anything over $2,500 and your getting into the price of Max IIs. I'd try and sell it on the Facebook 6x6 group they seem to really like Scramblers and will pay a higher premium.

Where in Maryland are you located ?

I'm located in Brookeville, Md 20833

I figured it was worth around $2000

Thanks for the input.

For sale

Posted now in the classifieds for $1700

I am not interested in a Scrambler but the smile on the young guy in the picture is truly priceless. good luck

Thanks Philipatmaxfour. That's my son Zach at 14 months. Anything with a steering wheel will get that reaction from him.

+ Reply to Thread