Ripsaw

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ripsaw

Hybrid View

Ripsaw

I just watched a video on a machine from Howe & Howe it is call ed a Ripsaw its similar to the vehicle Polaris is making for the military https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-9uzLBtMtY Check it out

I saw that machine before and thought it was AWSOME ! But would Hate to see the Price ! Also it is BIG .

I thought it was cool to. I am with you I would hate to see the price. Yes it looks like the size of car.

It is the size of a car, they put a car body on it in MadMax Fury Road. Also the Polaris is more similar to the RipSaw, seeing as the RipSaw has been a thing for... like 10 years now? For a vehicle that can go anywhere it sure hasn't progressed towards production. As cool as it is, trying to sell it to the military is like trying to sell a Baja 1000 trophy truck to them... it won't jump and climb walls when it's covered in armor. It's pretty much just a toy. A $1.1 million dollar toy I believe that was what they where trying to sell them to the public for. Also note the military has little if any... ok NO interest in ultra fast attack vehicles. In the 1940's Tucker built a bullet proof 120 MPH APC. Military said it was "Too" fast. Which makes sense. Youtube Military personnel jumping Humvees and rolling them on joy rides. The Humvee is a DOG, it is SLOW, but clearly too fast in the wrong hands. Now image such incompetent testosterone filled 18 year olds behind the wheel of one of these...

If you want a scaled down version you can buy a non-wheel-chair version of their Ripchair for $30K, the only problem is that it isn't amphibious and it only holds one person. If you can live with those conditions they will sell you a vehicle that looks pretty competent off road since it is a track vehicle with a hydrostatic transmission, suspension, a 30 hp Kawasaki fuel injected engine, and about 10 inches of ground clearance. Pretty pricy but they look well built and do well off road as long as you don't try to swim them. If they were amphibious and about half the price I would probably have one already, I love the compact dimensions of a one seater and the maneuverability of the hydrostatic drive since it is pretty much a zero turn radius lawn mower without the blades and wheels.

+ Reply to Thread