Muscateer out for a drive

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Muscateer out for a drive

Muscateer out for a drive

Went to locate the road to a quad/walking trail head yesterday, pissing rain and such.

Just couple shots...

Was not a nice day, ride was around an hour, performed ok, still soooo needs a larger better secondary clutch, and that kubota engine in it.

I'm thinking 11" secondary with the diesel, perhaps a hi/low range box too...

Just wanted post some pics for now

Oh here is a vid the Superwifey shot
    Muscateer AATV six wheeler - YouTube

LOL things a blast still have to work on the chain binding issue but it's improved since this video was taken some time ago...

Thanks for looking

Al
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

did you paint that or is that how they come?

Quote Originally Posted by thenewguy View Post
    did you paint that or is that how they come?
    Nope custom paint job by yers truly

build thread
    Muscateer 6x6 I've been doddling and working on for years!!

hope that answers you
    Last edited by riotwarrior; 10-28-2013 at 11:01 PM.
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

One thing I've learned since the video in the link...is the judicious use of delicacy on the controls makes for the difference for most part in chains binding and making noise and not. The controls if used very delicately become quite like a surgeons instruments...

There is a very slight difference between too far , about right and not far enough, I have found I can indeed pull back gently on the controls to act as a brake, but it is extremely delicate.

Just a tad too far and you are instantly into reverse. This is not good and thus causes chain binding, something not good.

Now as I use it more and more on different terrain I gain more skills. I live on a flat plain area sorta and just bombing around the orchard isn't great for learning braking and fine motor control

This machine is from what I can tell a black sheep of the AATV family with it's Hagen/Rooter transmission and thus not well known.
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Nice shots nice paint work

Quote Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
    Nice shots nice paint work
    Thank you very much.

Here are a couple just after completion in the newly planted peach orchard where I live.

Hope ya all enjoy, it's a blast to drive this thing for sure...this was all prior to building the winch mount and such.

Lastly, from the first time I actually sat in the machine and operated it, I tore it apart, down to axle tubes and bare tub...rebuilt it painted it and all for one goal...a CAR show.

Here is what the kids look like when they can sit in and play with a display at a car show...the smiles of kids and parents taking pictures was worth all the work.

The paint job took over 3 hours to mask alone and then about another hour plus to paint the camo. I like it so much I'm painting my truck the same way eventually

Thanks for looking

E D I T

I just measured my clutch, and it appears it's a 780 model clutch. Now comes the issue of attempting to pull it off the engine...sure hope I can get it to release! Sure would be good, it's not a perfect clutch but it's not too bad of shape!
    Last edited by riotwarrior; 10-30-2013 at 06:39 PM.
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Nice looking machine you have there......Great job on the rebuild.....Also love the background in your pics....Looks like a great place to live....
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

so if you pull back all the way on your sticks it goes into reverse like a hydrostat machine? not just breaking?
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

Quote Originally Posted by countrycummins99 View Post
    so if you pull back all the way on your sticks it goes into reverse like a hydrostat machine? not just breaking?
    Yes forward / neutral / reverse each stick independently.

I can do skid steer and zero turn radius as in my video both are portrayed.

It uses annular pistons acting on a clutch system to engage the gears be it reverse or forward.

It's really quite effective, it's my chains that are just ever so slightly miss aligned and under hi torque turns there is enough deflection of the body to cause the binding.

Lots of fun because under power to controls do one thing and then under coasting the cause a different/opposite response..ugh
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

T 20 transmissions react similar on coast and power steer. Maybe you can fit a resistance device against the laterals at the point you engage reverse. Attex used rubber bumpers on the steering linkage to feel the start of brakes. Of course the higher the speed the more important you know when the brakes start to engage. Trying to stop a Attex at any speed over 30 mph is a challenge.
    Acta non verba

+ Reply to Thread