Russian 4 seater tracked Amphibious for $1500

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Russian 4 seater tracked Amphibious for $1500

Hybrid View

Talking Russian 4 seater tracked Amphibious for $1500

I'd buy one of these in a heart beat if they where for sale in America, the company that makes them also makes a 6x6 version (cheaper? maybe)

All steel construction, the dash electric start looks like a relocated control box from a Predator. 14 HP

Anyone have more info on these? They look like a Coot welded together with 8 wheels lol
    Wounder how much to import?

Open diff and looks to work almost as well as a conquest with plastic tracks. Actually it got stuck allot
    Acta non verba

yes but it's an entire machine for the price of rubber tracks lol
    Also I can't say it getting stuck is any weakness to it's design, I mean removing all other variables of reliability (which is the only concern I would have in it's design) It can't possible preform any less effectively than a rubber tracked Argo or the likes, it's got good ground clearance, the tracks are more aggressive than plastic with steel ribs. Did you determine it was open diff from translation? It was pretty sketchy in the video and I didn't pick that out, that obviously would be a large limiting factor, but performance on most terrain would still be accessible.

I like it! I'll have to get my Russian wife to translate some of that for me. Needs a good automotive 3 or 4 cylinder under the hood, with a decent automatic transmission (powerglide or TH400 for the electric kickdown), then an open diff and simple left or right side braking with the levers set up with a pair of master cylinders. The ride would probably be pretty rough with automotive tires, even aired down to ~17psi or so, and would still be leery about it's weight and buoyancy in water. The things I'd do if I were independently wealthy and had the time and money!

I think an open carrier IRS rear end with 4 or 5 series gears and with the disc brakes mounted at the carrier would be the ticket. Make a hub with the needed chain sprockets and flange to bolt to an axle that goes through the tub.

I think you get one of those free with any mail order Russian bride.lol

man, you couldn't ship that thing to the US for $1500, I'd get one if true. Silver, get your wife to read that stuff and let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    I think you get one of those free with any mail order Russian bride.lol
    I've been cheated! =P

(we actually met on a Mediterranean cruise, but I tell people catalog or space station regularly, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    and would still be leery about it's weight and buoyancy in water.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh2-bIRqsYA

Seems to go in water pretty good even with 4 people (floating that is) doesn't seem very fast.
    I think in this video or another they drive it on a scale, something like 1,200 pounds, I believe + 4 adult men looking at 2,000 pounds YIKES but it floats great, must be because it's hull is so large and boxy, lot of buoyancy.

https://vk.com/ohotec

Website, I have limited access at work, but looks like they go more for $3,000+ still not terrible but makes it less viable to import for cheap

Not bad for a homebuilt unit but no where near ready for commercial sales, I'll hold out for a Tinger Scout or Track, they may be a bit more expensive but way more developed and maybe it's just me getting older but I definitely want some sort of suspension when going off road, this homebuilt didn't even have low pressure tires to absorb the bumps.

It will be impossible to import it for $1500 no less manufacture it for that price. It's under powered and can make limited turns befor it stalls. It acts like my Bigfoot when the clutch hug up
    Acta non verba

+ Reply to Thread