So I got excited and bought a Bazoo?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: So I got excited and bought a Bazoo?

Couple new pictures.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Everything is so crooked. I am using lead weights to try to make it straight, but its unlikely to work. Either way, by the time I am done it will hold water again, or better yet, keep it out.

The outside patches are mostly going to get sanded off so it has its smooth factory look. The thicker patches will all be on the inside. There was soooo much delamination that some of the 'small' cracks had to get ground out 1/2 inch, so I am stuffing FB into the cracks, letting them dry and grinding off just to fill, instead of just going over the voids, which is what the previous guy did...

It is taking a while, as I have to wait for everything to dry between set ups. The West System Epoxies, do not like being used under 20 degrees, which we are firmly in now! So the whole project got moved into my garage, which is about 21 degrees. Just making it!

C
    1972 Bazoo
    I also sell Shooting glasses!

You never know what you are going to find.. Today I turned up an original Bazoo Brochure and a can of original OTACO Bazoo touch up paint, orange of course.

Also found a place that has the Coil cover I need NOS, still in its little bag from 50 years ago.

Good day.. Lol. I will post some pics when I get it!

C
    1972 Bazoo

Well here is the product lineup
    [IMG][/IMG]

And the outside profile is done. I know it doesn't look like much, but once filled and the inside is done its going to be factory beautiful, aside from some warpage, which I cant do anything about .
    [IMG][/IMG]

C
    1972 Bazoo

Nice Find
    Did you buy it off Kijiji?
    I'm in southern Ontario and have 2 Bazooo tubs.
    One is brand new never assembled.
    The other I drive around here weekly and it's a blast.
    Transmission In mine looks like a snowmobile trans
    with reverse. Brakes look like old arctic cat parts.
    If the clutches are siezed (like mine was) it won't turn properly.
    Adjustment of the clutches is done by adjusting the spanner nuts on the clutch shaft.(set screw in the nuts lock them to the shaft)
    When it's set up properly you will have true 6 wheel drive and be amazed at what it will go thru or over.
    Check out my gallery pics

Hey bazoo guy!

Yes found it on Kijiji. 5 minutes from my house no less.

Did you get the tubs from an auction in Orillia? I know that there was a couple that sold in Nov/Dec 2015...

I have to say, I am very happy about having it back and operational!!

C
    1972 Bazoo

So you haven't heard anything from me in a while, but still working on it!

My 'regular' work life has been smashing me, and haven't had the time to work on Bazoo as much as I wanted...

Stay Tuned!
    C
    1972 Bazoo

+ Reply to Thread