So I got excited and bought a Bazoo?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

Thread: So I got excited and bought a Bazoo?

Threaded View

So I got excited and bought a Bazoo?

EDIT - gave up on Photobucket, thanks Mods for allowing hosting!

Hi All,

Well, I am in over my head here! Yesterday I went an looked at a 72 Bazoo. I instantly had visions of bounding through the Hydro Cuts and using it in the winter to reach our island cabin.

Urged on by my 6 year old daughter I sealed the deal and brought this thing home even though it hasn't run in 3 years.

The previous owner had plans but life caught him hard and he decided to focus on other things. I am the third owner.

I did some research (here) and found that it has the original upgrade engine the CCW 290 twin. I got it home and threw some chainsaw gas in it and it started on the third pull (no battery in it, but it does have electric start). I cant get my lawnmower that I use weekly to start that quick.

I dumped a half jug of degreaser in the tub and let the hose run for an hour in there and flushed out everything until I could see what is going on. There are a couple chunks out of the fiberglass tub, but its not bad. Its cool to see the original stenciling on the inside of the tub that reads "Oshawa Fiber Co" and its address and phone number.

I am a pretty handy guy, but suspect I will be asking a lot of questions here over the next while. I plan on removing the wheels then axles and engine/frame and then redoing the fiberglass and all of the poor patching that has been done over the last 46 years.

My big problem of the moment is that it doesn't seem to turn to the right. I think a lot of it has to do with the new tires on my pavement driveway (I am a suburban dweller who doesn't have any lawn easily available, I cant fit Bazoo through my gate to the back yard...). The brakes work though. It has a primary clutch, a gearbox that seems to work perfectly, and the drive clutches with disc brakes (?) that power two independent chain drives for each side. I imagine this is pretty standard, but haven't found any manuals yet. I suspect I wont... lol.

I don't have a pic of the drivetrain yet, as it was dark etc by the time I finished the washing. I will get one shortly though.

On the odd chance there is someone around me (Barrie, Ontario) that has experience and wants to help a dude out, beers on me!

Some pictures of Bazoo.

Cheers,
    C
    Last edited by Cardamonfrost; 08-29-2017 at 10:27 PM.
    1972 Bazoo
    I also sell Shooting glasses!