Mini 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mini 6x6

Mini 6x6

So after 7 hours of driving we returned home with our new to us mini 6x6 (12x12 for now. There have been a number of upgrades done already by the previous owner, and after a little tinkering today I can tell younit may require some more. But it runs and drives ( rings just replaced in motor) and the drive train is new and upgraded. There was some issues turning but I suspect the tires are to blame. Here is a Video of my son maddox's first run.

That brought a smile to my face, I can only imagine how Maddox felt. Thanks for sharing

Thanks mike. The biggest problem now is keeping my 1.5 yo away.

that looks to be in good shape hope u guys have alot of fun with it i was waiting to see some pics of it after u bought but the video is even better

i would be working on it right now it it didnt decide to snow. And I thought we where done with this stuff

Had to make new seats, hey said orange so that's what I made.

What does the drive train consist of? Is there a tranny? Or just a differential that allows skid steering in forward only. Just curious. Wouldn't mind making one for my kids.

There is a twist throttle for gas, forward motion begins with sticks pushed forward. When you do this it pushes a belt tensioner up and makes the belts grip. Pulling back either side will brake that side. No trans, just a couple of pulleys in free spin engaged by physical contact.

Does it have some sort of brakes? I would think that on hard surfaces it would require differential braking to steer.
    You mentioned that it wasn't steering good because of the tires, the other day I was in TSC and saw some tires that might be just what you need. They look to be about the same size, but they have the V tread like rawhides. I think they are for small walk behind tillers. They might be just what you need.
    Last edited by Stonewall; 04-26-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Made another seat for leg area.

Here's a picture of what's left of the rear sticker

+ Reply to Thread