1968 Pug Articulated UTV 4x4

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1968 Pug Articulated UTV 4x4

1968 Pug Articulated UTV 4x4

Looking for anyone who knows where I could get parts for my 1968 Pug Utv 4x4, Ive already checked with the guys out of Somerset Kentucky and they couldnt help, this seems to be a shot in the dark. So as of now my pug has a golf cart motor swapped into it because the breaks are non existent and I dont know where to get some, Just looking to see if anyone knows where I can maybe find one. Im out of Vermont USA and willing to ship items if not too expensive.

Robby, welcome to the forum. I don't know of many members with Pugs so it may take a bit to get an answer. Try posting a wanted ad in the classified section of the forum. Good luck in your search.

Try a Jacobson equipment dealer, Jacobson had a unit like the early Pugs. Aren't the brakes drum style like a Dana 30?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

You may have to adapt some brakes. Northern Hydraulics sells a kit that has either disc brakes or drums, they make them in several configurations to fix multiple hub sizes. Thinking outside the box, you could also adapt some electronic trailer brakes. Just mount the sensitivity control in a water proof box, and utilize a left and right foot mounted control system (like a trolling motor type on and off switch), waterproof of course. In that manner you can engage either or both brakes as well as for parking.

Post up some pictures of the Pug, I've always thought they were machines ahead of their time. As I recall, the engine mounting area is fairly large, so you should be able to adapt any number of engines to fit.

I definitely will, i'm not so good at the whole computer thing so i will mess around with it and try to get some photos of it for you guys, and there are no drums on the pug its like a disc that connects to the driveshaft were pretty sure.

Yes, that's how Pugs came originally, a single disc to the drive. My suggestion was to adapt discs to each of the front wheels. The same method would also work with a single disc to the drive. There's always a way to build a better mousetrap.

I’m in central Vt, I actually know of a guy in MA, freetown I think. He has at least 2 pugs one a part machine another more together. Depending on how desperate you are he’s been sitting on them for many, many years no progress. He’s got a lot of junk he won’t sell even for absurd prices but it might be worth a shot. Can’t say I’ve ever seen a Pug anywhere else.

+ Reply to Thread