Supacat

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Supacat

Supacat

Looking into getting into buying mk1 supacat gas engine are these any good

I can't beleave that nobody knows anything on the supacat

I think people know what they are but I don't know of anyone on the forum that has had one.

hi spacostafa, sorry that we don't seem to be much help. what country would you be likely to see these machines in?

As far as I know the Supacat was built by Alvis in the UK, and all the the pictures I've seen have been military related.

Never seen or heard of one in the Americas. They have big 31x15.5" tires weigh over 4,000 pounds (almost 4 times that of a Max IV) I feel they would drive similar to a J5 Bombardier. Lots of traction on flat ground but would quickly sink in anything soft like real mud or deep snow. Tracks would also not worth due to front steering tires.

Quote Originally Posted by allwheeldrive View Post
    Tracks would also not worth due to front steering tires.
    Tracks can be fitted and the steering column locked into the straight ahead position - the handlebars pivot independently around the column to enable skid steering.

When OP mentions a gas engine - is this a petrol engine?
    Last edited by Supacat; 10-21-2017 at 09:30 AM.

looking at the u tube videos....they are definetly a military type machine. heavy duty and shows 2 being brought in the field by helicopters !! what's your main use for it going to be ? johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by Supacat View Post
    Tracks can be fitted and the steering column locked into the straight ahead position - the handlebars pivot independently around the column to enable skid steering.
    Interesting never knew that, never seen one with tracks how much room is there for a set? Though again I would have to question with tracks the merits of this over a Bombardier which will have a lot more power and is likely even more stout with far greater ground clearance. More importantly what is the price point on one of these? To me once you end up needing a dedicated hauling truck and trailer for a full size vehicle weight class it's hard in my mind to justify this over just building a full sized trailered 4x4 truck. Where would you ride this? It will not be legal to register as an ATV anywhere.

You know the attraction to one of the Supacats is partially the uniqueness of the machine. It's got some really good engineering behind it along with proven automotive components from VW and Landrover. Many folks also have a truck capable of hauling a large machine and the prerequisite trailer. In terms of a place to ride there are many atv and jeep parks across America, both on public and private land. In terms of the legality of registering it, many states don't require atvs to be registered. I see extremely large. custom machines out on rides all the time. I guess the main dictate of owning a machine like this is where you live. A few years back I was on a work assignment in Montana and Utah, but saw several large machines from Marsh Master, Hydratrek and Land Tamer running around in areas that I think of as the high desert, but yet they were still there, no doubt because no other machines could perform like they do in thick snow and ice.

+ Reply to Thread