Looking for Terra Tiger Parts in Michigan or will ship..

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Terra Tiger Parts in Michigan or will ship..

Looking for Terra Tiger Parts in Michigan or will ship..

Never owned a 6 wheeler- but did own couple Allis Chalmers Tractors..
    Picking up a project..
    Looking for front axles, clutch, parts in front of engine area.
    Plan to get the machine in couple days....
    I did find all the manuals on here - THANKS...
    Been doing some reading to get associated with this type of machine.

Anyone ever put electric start on these.
    Thanks for any advice - my son will be helping me and learning also.

My first Amphib was a Terra Tiger, and it nearly broke me of the hobby. I found parts difficult to find, and space to work on the machine's interior was limited. The fact that it had no reverse also led to many impossible moments. While there have been a few folks that have adapted t20 transmissions and modern engines to these, the appearance is that you will be limited to low horsepower motors.

My recommendation is actually to locate a Max2, Hustler 950 or Attex, to start with. Parts are pretty much universal and plentiful.

Thanks for advice- however already have committed to this terra tiger, and my son excited to see it....
    It will be a learning project I guess, I don't need anything fancy or real fast, just always wanted to have one to play with.

Thanks Again...

The axles can be made easily, however I wouldn't bother. They are small diameter and weak. If the shaft in front of the motor is missing, you will spend a ton of time and money trying to rebuild it and I'm afraid you will be very disappointed when done. Much better to just find a T-20 Trans and graft it in. Maybe you could find an old MaxII and reuse it's parts.
    I wish I had done that! Terra Tiger - Amphibious ATV Pictures
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpz3Xc1M5vQ

Where are you located?

Thanks again for the advice...
    I know I probably may not get this done- but hope to try my best for my son.

I'm in SE Michigan - south of Flint..
    I actually get the unit later tonight, it does come with a transmission that has reverse- however the guy i'm getting it from never got a chance to work on it.
    I do not know anything about the trans- but does not look like the T-20.
    I understand this will be a design and engineering task- teaching my son how to make things work..

Was hoping to maybe find the original front shaft that goes in front of the engine with all the pulleys at a salvage yard or someone else's unfinished project.

Thanks Again - will post more about this venture..

I was wondering if you are making any progress with this. I hope you didn't get discouraged because I think if you fixed it up as original it would work just fine for your intended use.

Contact member liflod, take a short trip across Ohio near Pittsburg and you have all the parts you need.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Well it is coming slow..
    The fiberglass, axles, (10) wheels, seat, chains, original paint, all seem to be in great shape.
    I did receive an Argo Transmission with it and a Hirth engine,
    Got the engine to run should be fine, transmission needed 2 bearings and now all back together and works perfect.

In order to modify this thing to use the transmission I think will be an engineering feat, I am not sure I want to take on.
    But anything can be done. lol

I really looking for the original jack-shaft assembly to put back to original.
    I will sell the Agro trans, when I am done.

Still holding out for the parts..
    I did send the other member a message..

Thanks for the interest..

I might be interested in the Argo trans. I want to make a home built 6x6 and I might be able to use it for that. I'm not sure how they work, though. At the moment, I am considering using a trans from an old tractor that I have and fabbing up brakes on each side to make it turn, but an Argo trans could possibly work out better or easier. I'm probably only about 45 minutes away from you.

Ok i just posted in on the FB site and market place with pictures. I live in Holly area.
    I think it would be easier to use this trans- I have been coming up with designs on how to fab it into my Terra Tiger- but I am going to put it back to original.

text if you wanna chat more
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread