HydroTraxx TJ635

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HydroTraxx TJ635

Can’t seem to post a picture from my phone (no surprise there lol)

Hydro Traxx

Good Evening just wondering if your machine has all 6 wheels powered with a hydraulic wheel motors, I have a Hydro Traxx TJ625 and it has only 4 wheel motors,one on each corner. Would you know if I could add two more wheel motors, looks like the frame has all the holes drilled to take the wheel motors.I am also wondering if the previous owner may have taken them off ,to use as replacements. I run my engine at full throttle when using the machine.You are right about not alot of information available for these machines. Thanks Steve
    Last edited by Steve009; 12-12-2017 at 11:43 PM. Reason: adding more info

Mine only has 4 as well. I was told this is standard on these units. Apparently the motors are pretty pricey at around $500 / each.

I’ve been running it at less than 1/2 throttle so far. I suspect the tach is lying because at 1/4 throttle it’s pushing 3000 rpm...being that it’s a diesel I don’t want to red line it lol. Going to check out the tach tomorrow and go from there

Quote Originally Posted by Steve009 View Post
    Good Evening just wondering if your machine has all 6 wheels powered with a hydraulic wheel motors, I have a Hydro Traxx TJ625 and it has only 4 wheel motors,one on each corner. Would you know if I could add two more wheel motors, looks like the frame has all the holes drilled to take the wheel motors.I am also wondering if the previous owner may have taken them off ,to use as replacements. I run my engine at full throttle when using the machine.You are right about not alot of information available for these machines. Thanks Steve
    Does the front two motors or rear two motors power the center wheels? I thought these things had no chains!

Good evening allwheeldrive there is no power to the centre wheels they just spin free Thanks Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve009 View Post
    Good evening allwheeldrive there is no power to the centre wheels they just spin free Thanks Steve

That is... unbelievable.

It sounds like your machines are set up to run tracks, usually only the corner motors are used when tracks are installed. Did your vehicles come with tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    It sounds like your machines are set up to run tracks, usually only the corner motors are used when tracks are installed. Did your vehicles come with tracks?
    Marauder that is some sound logic that escaped me! Otherwise, well..... the irony of such a big strong rugged machine limited to lawn and garden duties is just to much to handle.

Good Evening Marauder yes it has the smaller wheels to run tracks, when i got the machine I was getting the tracks also,but someone stole them . I am looking to build a set for it if the machine does not sell. Thanks Steve

Hi Steve,

Chances are, if you can't find two more hydraulic wheel motors for the center positions you will most likely have to get tracks for it if you want to sell it because most people won't want to buy it if only the corners are providing the traction, unless you sell it low enough so that whoever buys it can either source out the two additional wheel motors or track. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread