HydroTraxx TJ635

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HydroTraxx TJ635

Hey Alberta...I lived in Calgary for a few years...would ski at COP after work and loved hunting Canada's on the wheat fields. Glad you figured out the reservoir...I actually have a manual for mine and I recall it saying you need to keep the reservoir fluid level above the "baffle"...you can see it just a couple of inches below the cap in the back reservoir. Also use AW46 or an equivalent hydraulic fluid...it is made for this type of application...compression, temperature and water. I did change my filter and drain the fluid once. To get the air out of the system you need to jack up your buggy...all wheels off the ground, engage the motors, and run backwards and forward at slow RPM's until you don't see any bubbles in your clear return hoses. I run my machine between 2500 and 3000 RPM.s depending on weight and terrain, and just use the sticks to control speed. One of the complaints about the Hydrotraxx is it goes too slow, but slow and not getting stuck is what works for me. It took me forever to figure out all this stuff. Hope this helps.

Good Evening Bscout just wondering if your Hydro Traxx had 6 wheel motors? I have a TJ625 and was wondering if I could add a couple of wheel motors for the centre wheels, as I only have the 4 corner wheel motors. Would the Hydraulic Pump be able to handle two more motors,and how would i run the hoses ,would i just hook the one side in a row.Any idea of where a person could get a manual. Thank You Steve

My buggy has 6 motors and a double lined tub. The farmer that bought it was doing work on the Texas coast after Hurricane Ike, but only put about 60 hours on it. I am not sure if I have a bigger pump...would have to compare model numbers. The hose configuration is complicated, but if you get into this project I can send you a picture of mine...the middle motors are a little hard to see under the seat, but it may give you an idea on how mine is plumbed. I have a manual...not much in it but general information and a detail manual on the Kubota motor. Would be happy to email it to you...I think I can do it through this site, but not sure. I don't want to hang my email address out on a public site.

+ Reply to Thread