HydroTraxx TJ635

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HydroTraxx TJ635

HydroTraxx TJ635

Howdy!

I recently bought this unit and I’m having a lot of trouble finding any info on it. Does anyone around here have any experience with these? The entire hydraulics system was rebuilt last year apparently. I find that it seems to struggle when I push the drive levers past about 30% forward or so. It’s powered by a Kubota diesel that runs like a top so lack of power isn’t the issue. It seems to be a hydraulics issue (and unfortunately I am not overly fluent in hydraulics lol).

Anybody?

Have you changed the hydraulic filters out recently? Sometimes when things get rebuilt it loosens a lot of crud in the system and the filters can get overwhelmed and clog, restricting the flow of hydraulic fluid to the wheel motors.

As a matter of fact I just picked up a new filter actually.

I was going to completely change the hydraulic oil & filter and flush it but I can’t find any info anywhere on what weight hydraulic oil to use. On the advice of a local guy that is much more familiar with hydraulics I’m going to change the filter and check the fluid level first.

The problem with that is that there doesn’t appear to be a resevoir anywhere. There is a radiator inside the “cab” right at the back for the hydraulic system but no tank / resevoir anywhere. Am I correct in assuming there is no tank? Or have I missed something?

Seems like there would have to be some sort of hydraulic fluid reservoir. You said that you were going to check the fluid level, is there a sight glass or dipstick for that? If so, that is where you would probably find the reservoir. It could also be built into the radiator, but I've never seen a system like that. Good luck.

That’s the problem. There is no sight glass, dipstick or tank anywhere. I’m thinking the only way to check it is via the rad at the back. Maybe the rad doubles as a tank?

I’m no help with the hyd fluid tank issue but I’d love to see some pictures of your HydroTraxx.

Where in Alberta are you? I’m up in Fort McMurray myself... I’ve had a few different aatv’s over the years but not a HydroTraxx, although one is on my list.

Is the engine lugging when fully loaded or just lacking power? in the overload condition is the oil heating quickly. what is the hydraulic pressure?you may be exceeding the relief valve setting?
    Acta non verba

Just to throw another concept out there: many hydraulic machines are designed to operate with the engine running in the main power band. It's not like a car or truck where you operate the throttle to speed up then let off to slow down. On a tractor or skid loader you crank the power up to the power band and keep it constant as you operate the machine and it's attachments. When done you cut them back to idle. When in the power band the hydraulics operate efficiently, and operating the controls shouldn't bog the machine, which leads me to believe the rev's aren't high enough to operate this thing properly.

In tractors we've seen the relief valve spring weaken and even break, also if the machine is designed to be run constant full throttle and your not, well.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. It turns out the rad at the back is also the tank. It was 3/4 of a gal low so I topped it up with a Lucas hydraulic additive. The problem seems to be fixed now.

I’ll see if I can figure out how to get a picture on here.

I’m in Athabasca

+ Reply to Thread