what ever happened to the av-4 4x4 atv?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what ever happened to the av-4 4x4 atv?

what ever happened to the av-4 4x4 atv?

just wondering...their website isn't up anymore and i can't find anything about them online.

While they were based out of Louisiana(Lil Critter),Don was getting a pretty good dealer network established.He has since sold the buisness to Sno-bus based out of Wisconsin.After the sale,I think dealers are few and far between,and the machine hasnt been promoted at all.I bought mine from DO YA Dare Floaters(TN.) not sure if they are still dealers ,and I think Jerrys(Big Muddy ATVs) may still be a dealer. I would think that if they are still being produced ,Sno-bus would have some sort of ads or a web page with the AV-4 featured.I sold mine when the daughter lost interest,although it is a capable AATV,it did need some more R&D work to make it more durable. Eddie

Cool

I have some updated info on the AV-4 if anyone is interested. I am friends with Tony, the owner of Sno-Bus. I had just talked to him last week and he told me some of the things he was up to. He has designed and built a version of the AV-4 that has tracks instead of the 4 tires. The tracks have a suspension and give the vehicle a 12" ground clearence. The machine is still amphibious and, from what I am told, faster than a tire propelled vehicle. If there is more interest, I can get more info and maybe some photos too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikni View Post
    I have some updated info on the AV-4 if anyone is interested. I am friends with Tony, the owner of Sno-Bus. I had just talked to him last week and he told me some of the things he was up to. He has designed and built a version of the AV-4 that has tracks instead of the 4 tires. The tracks have a suspension and give the vehicle a 12" ground clearence. The machine is still amphibious and, from what I am told, faster than a tire propelled vehicle. If there is more interest, I can get more info and maybe some photos too.

Very cool! More info and pics would certainly be appreciated! I look forward to it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I will see what I can do.

i'm interested in knowing more about the new av-4...do you know what type of transmission or drive it has? hydraulic or some type of transmission? the tuff-torw that they used to use isn't made anymore.

SOUTHEAST OHIO NEXT TO THE MUSKINGUM RIVER
    Any more info on the av4 would be great ..... I am looking for one I can restore or heck a new one would be just as cool

I,d also love to read more imformation about the new AV4 with track suspension.

Yeah, lets get more info.

+ Reply to Thread