Mini 6X6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Mini 6X6

Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    hi
    Way Cool !!!!!
    I am sure the kids including the bigger ones will get great entertainment from this micro 6x6 .

I will have to at least make a chassis now .
    From the pictures
    engine power goes thru 2 sets of reduction gears Do u no the sprocket teeth number??
    To the first pulley shaft
    friction drive to the other pulley shaft 1x Lh 1x rh
    The F & R axles raised 1 inch or just the front ??
    Tire size 18/9.5/8 ??
    Do all the pulleys and sprockets have drive pins ??
    Are the drive belts CVT style or just a B or C section industrial ??
    Axle size 3/4 ??
    The brake band set up . Did not notice these . Can u please post pics of this .

tomo
    Wow, this is the oldest thread I've had revived in a long time. The machine is called a romamobile, and there is a copy of the original sales brochure on the site. Chains to drive the front wheels was a dealer option.

to be able to reply to your questions, I will have to go dig it out of mothballs take some measurements and get some pictures. If you haven't heard back on this thread in a week or two shoot me a private message. Breaking ground Tomorrow on a home addition that I have been doing leg work on for a year, so life is a little hectic
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Hi Racerone

If you wouldn't mind making us a plan of the frame showing the sizes so I can up scale it to a larger Adult one
    Does anyone know if the belt system would work for an adults weight and not slip

Quote Originally Posted by Theman10k View Post
    Hi Racerone

If you wouldn't mind making us a plan of the frame showing the sizes so I can up scale it to a larger Adult one
    Does anyone know if the belt system would work for an adults weight and not slip
    Brilliant idea. The max 1 ran on belts just fine, and so should a big one of these.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by Theman10k View Post
    Hi Racerone

I dont see why not, maybe with a little assistance using some springs for tension. It works for riding lawn mowers and they putt around just fine!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

hi
    the reduction in gearing will need to be well thought out .
    Lots of gear reduction will help out every thing but not much speed
    The friction belt drive system loose /tight/ loose will not tolerate heavy weights and or a lot of skid steer [grippy tires ] even if its scaled up .

tomo

What do you think then Tomo What other Solutions is there that's like the belts
    A gearbox would cost to much and just add weight and take up space

How about a cogged belt drive? Some of those can take huge amounts of force and they don't slip.

hi
    The idea is to keep it simple . Engineers have thought out the combination of
    tire size ---affects load and speed
    sprocket reduction on both sprocket sets
    Aluminum pulley x2 there would be no ratio hear just the same size/diameter
    The diameter and v belt size will determine the hp/torque capability it can transmit .
    If u have seen enough old fashioned ride on mowers .Some were like this and some still are .
    Keep the project simple which keeps cost down

tomo

Plenty of these diff's in the junk yards for 20 bucks, clutch setup is just over a 100. add brake rotors to the axle and ya got your steering I would figger

Nubz it's easier said then done here in England as junkyard are far and few between and scrap makes good money here so everything gets crushed or your be paying a good price for it sadly

Would you have sites to buy the axles and clutch Assembly?

+ Reply to Thread