catigator

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: catigator

Well the latest on the cat. Its about to purr. I have a mwm 27hp 2cyl diesel thets powering a 30gpm 3000psi hydraulic pump. Engine is small and being diesel, reliable. Woking on hydrostatic motors now. I am using 10hp motors, 4 of them. one per 2 wheels. Should work fine. Im not looking for land speed records out of it, But it should be a power house. And Im keeping the weight down so it will float. I am findiing tires for this one hard to find. So I am thinking about having hubs machined for it so I can use quad rims and tires. I will post pics when I get more.

73's de kd7alt

That should be a torque monster. We need some video of it when you get finished.

WEll have tested engine, And it does run. runs real good infact. Orderd and recieved radiator, 40 amp alternator. found new surplus marine gauges, tach, oil pres, temp,volt,fuel. Free is good on those. Piece by piece. But Im getting there.

Sometimes piece by piece is better in the long run. Thanks for the update and keep on going. Soon you will be enjoying the fruits of your labor.

Still working on my Catator

Well, I posted some new pics in other aatvs. I have done more work to it and day by day part by part it will come together. Engine now on frame. Paint is complete. Working on insterment panel now.
    TTFN

Hi kd,

I was not able to find those pictures.

I'll chech again later. Good luck with the rebuild.
    Banned

The catigator is looking better and better every time. That motor is a beast! The pictures were in the other AATV section or in the member's gallery under kd7alt. Here is a direct link to the new ones:

Nice work!
    Banned

Welcome to the site, you and Joe have very unique looking machines. Love the camo paint Joe.

Nice work kd!

Well I got the insterment panel together, Price on gauges--- free. I just need switches now. I posted pics. I think I may be uplaoding them in wrong area?. Any way. next to mount the alternator to the engine. So far ebay has been my best friend.

+ Reply to Thread