catigator

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: catigator

You can't beat free. You are uploading the pictures to the right place. If you want to link them here there is a line of code under every picture that you upload right under text that says "linked thumbnail". Just copy that code and paste it in your post and it will link them to your post like I did above. You don't have to link them at all though. That's up to you.
    Last edited by Mike; 07-16-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Well things are starting to warm up here. I am ordering a water pump and hydraulic motors soon. Have to uncover the beast and start working on it again.

I like your build. I just picked up this Catagator and like the idea of hydrostatic drive. The original clutch steering leaves a lot to be desired. If you get a chance I would like to see some pictures of how you you did it. Mine has a 20 HP Onan which might be a little underpowered for hydo drive. What did you end up doing for the axles? Did you find some or have some machined? I have a double tire setup for tracks and want to swap out to some standard tires and wheels for the summer. What size tire did you end up fitting, it looks like 25" tires would fit pretty well.

catagator

well the latest news on my project, I scrapped the diesel engine due to dificulty and weight. I found a kawasaki 2 cyl 27 hp water cooled. I have it mounted and running. I am using a kanaki dup 7 dual pump from a ztrak mower. Hope to have it rolling under its owen power soon.
    Last edited by Mike; 09-29-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: merged two threads. You can just reply to your original thread each time.

Hinthere, Well i whent with a kawasaki 27 hp engine and a kanzaki dup 7 pump from white products. basicly buildint like a zero turn lawn mower. same parts as in some of the ztrak mowers. My tires are original 16 inch diam by 16 inch wide on 6 inch rim. I wished mine would take larger tires but none will fit and these tires are'nt made any more. Your machine looks great.

Hello I am curious as to how you chose the pump. Did you try to calculate the output needed or choose something readily available in hopes it would work. I ask because I have been trying to use the calculator on hydraulic inovations to design build an atv and the results I am getting suggest a somewhat larger pump. Also are you going to use your chains and two motors or go for a motor on each wheel. If so are you planning on using wheel motors or a different kind and how do you plan to attach the motors to the axle, ie rigid coupling or some sort of lovejoy. Thank you for your time. Jeff

Well my catagator is almost done. I have videos on YouTube,look up kd7alt and you will see videos of It running and what stage the project is in at this time.

Sorry it took so long for a reply. How fare have you gotten on your project?. I wasn't able to log in for a long time. So as for my pumps I chose pumps that match the specs of the motors I wanted to use. I picked up most my parts at Surplus Center. The motors a coupled via chain . One mother per 2 wheels. Look up kd7alt on YouTube and you will see it.

+ Reply to Thread