new amphib manufacturer, with your help...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: new amphib manufacturer, with your help...

Did this BS artist from Fairbanks ever build anything or did he just waste everybody's time flapping his gums trying to impress you all?

“just waste everybody's time” is a bit harsh you say that like anyone on here is using some sort of valuable time. I would think this never left gleeful fantasy stage. I see this kind of thing a lot. People get very excited about “inventing” something new. The problem is you aren’t an inventor just because you can think of the ultimate solution to every problem that’s easy. It’s call magic. The difficulty is designing something that can somehow improve upon something else and somehow cost less. That is extremely hard. The way I think of it: Pick something you want to gain, chose something you can give up, work till they meet half way. A do everything machine is either A: Impossible, or B. Relatively already exists, it’s just someone else can do it cheaper. From the stand point of an 1890’s trapper any Argo or Max with a steady supply of spare parts and gas would be the holy grail of transportation in the great wilderness. The only reason we today strive to do better is because there must be better. IE SxS, and purpose built tracked vehicles, etc. The 6x6 and 8x8 clearly is of an obsolete design to some degree, it is fun though (-:

Outside of utility the 6x6 has no place besides an item of amusement like using a vintage Phonograph. It’s only neat because it’s different and more challenging. A contemporary “pleasure” model ATV will utterly dominate any 6x6 in the “racing around and having fun while not getting stuck department”. We are simply enthusiast of a bygone era.

Quote Originally Posted by allwheeldrive View Post
    “just waste everybody's time” is a bit harsh you say that like anyone on here is using some sort of valuable time. I would think this never left gleeful fantasy stage. I see this kind of thing a lot. People get very excited about “inventing” something new. The problem is you aren’t an inventor just because you can think of the ultimate solution to every problem that’s easy. It’s call magic. The difficulty is designing something that can somehow improve upon something else and somehow cost less. That is extremely hard. The way I think of it: Pick something you want to gain, chose something you can give up, work till they meet half way. A do everything machine is either A: Impossible, or B. Relatively already exists, it’s just someone else can do it cheaper. From the stand point of an 1890’s trapper any Argo or Max with a steady supply of spare parts and gas would be the holy grail of transportation in the great wilderness. The only reason we today strive to do better is because there must be better. IE SxS, and purpose built tracked vehicles, etc. The 6x6 and 8x8 clearly is of an obsolete design to some degree, it is fun though (-:

Outside of utility the 6x6 has no place besides an item of amusement like using a vintage Phonograph. It’s only neat because it’s different and more challenging. A contemporary “pleasure” model ATV will utterly dominate any 6x6 in the “racing around and having fun while not getting stuck department”. We are simply enthusiast of a bygone era.

Nevermind

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread