Lockley Wrangler 295

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lockley Wrangler 295

Lockley Wrangler 295

Thanks to Craigslist, I found a Lockley. It's rough, but I had to have it. The Wrangler was my first "ATV". Its not amphibious but it was a lot of fun when it ran which wasn't very often. I plan on putting a 1 cyl. Briggs in it instead of the factory 295 JLO. I hope to have the kids bring it to the next family ride.

The body is actually in good shape if you can look past the "paint". The body does hold water and leaves and bugs and spiders. The bottom of the frame is rotted so it will need a frame out resto. Give me 6-8 months and she'll be good to go.
    Attached Images

Here is the original circa 1980. I'm the driver at 10 years old.
    Attached Images

Wow Lance, your a better man than I. That cetainly looks like a lot of work.
    I thought my Starcraft was more than I could chew.
    Mark

What a neat find. You know you will have to recreate that picture from 1980 when you get it restored. A lot of things change in 30 years

There will be alot of work involved......

But,

There's only one axle, 2 sprockets, 1 chain, 1 brake and I can push it around really easy. The advertised weight is 360lbs!

Of course it needs a new frame, a lot of sanding and painting,new seats, chain ,sprockets, belt, steering yoke ,probably a gas tank and an engine. But, like the Starcraft, I finally have one to call my own!

I did some major cleaning today and flaked off some more paint. I put new shoes on it so it will roll. It looks much better now

More pictures to come tomorrow.

Lance, it looks cool like a miniature dune buggy. What is the body made out of?

The body is fiberglass. Pretty thin, but no cracks in the bottom. It needs minor repairs on some edges, but not much. I'm not sure what color its going to be, but I'm open for suggestions. I'm thinking orange like Whipper's sand Buggy.

Excellent color choice. My favorite. Make sure it's federal safety orange.

Nice find, I have a complete lockley 395 that is turn key and has the original rockwell engine. only one complete Ive seen. Fun to run in the woods and it will fly

+ Reply to Thread